Oculus Rift

Finally got mine ordered today! God knows when it will come but I've got a couple ideas that I want to try out with live video rather than just computer generated stuff.

Anyone got theirs yet?

Wooooo

BJ1jTjACUAEWjfn.jpg

Personally, I can't wait for Euro Truck Simulator 2 support... http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/05/ets-2-oculus-rift.html

A list of all current & future games, along with the type of support for the Rift:

http://theriftlist.com/

Some games are being "hacked" to work via intermediary drivers. However, the best experiences will be with those games properly coded to use the Oculus Rift API (such as TF2 and hopefully other Valve Source engine games).

Finally got mine ordered today! God knows when it will come but I've got a couple ideas that I want to try out with live video rather than just computer generated stuff.

Palmer has posted saying that new orders won't ship until August due to the increasing amount of orders.

However, the best experiences will be with those games properly coded to use the Oculus Rift API (such as TF2 and hopefully other Valve Source engine games).

They've just announced official support for HL2, so it's probably a safe bet for other Valve Source based games now.

Last edited:
Can we have more pics of the occulus? :)

Dev kits don't work with glasses do they?

Apparently they do, you can move the eye piece backward and forward to accomodate them or they come with some preset lenses for the lower types of prescriptions i believe. Google an unboxing.

Apparently they do, you can move the eye piece backward and forward to accomodate them or they come with some preset lenses for the lower types of prescriptions i believe. Google an unboxing.

"Three different pairs of lenses are included with the development kit. The tallest set (A) is designed for 20/20 or farsighted vision. The middle set (B) is designed for moderately nearsighted users. The shortest set (C) is designed for very nearsighted users.... If you wish to wear corrective lenses while using the Rift, please use lens set A, the tallest lens cups and use the side screws of the Rift to adjust the headset to fit on your head"

Crappy photo of inside the plastic dev kit case:

BJ6XsyZCEAAMEOQ.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom