OD's training log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
There isn’t a video guys, and most likely never will be.

I cant do squats and video myself in a busy gym.

Suffice to say, they are in there. I go as deep as my knee allows me, and I am starting off light! For the moment, they are just an auxiliary exercise to my leg press, *MAYBE* over time, if the knee ever allows me to go heavy with them, I can switch the two round, but for now, leg press is the main heavy.

Tonight will be just a naked bar. You see my rom has to be limited because at a certain point my missing cartilage beneath knee cap, suddenly becomes apparent. Lets say, it parallel, maybe slight higher.

Had a physio session today.... and well basically NOTHING other than surgery can solve my pain issues. So it's looking like it's more a matter of me carrying on as normal learning to live with it, until I cannot live with it any more.

Last edited:
Soldato
There isn’t a video guys, and most likely never will be.

I cant do squats and video myself in a busy gym.

Suffice to say, they are in there. I go as deep as my knee allows me, and I am starting off light! For the moment, they are just an auxiliary exercise to my leg press, *MAYBE* over time, if the knee ever allows me to go heavy with them, I can switch the two round, but for now, leg press is the main heavy.

Tonight will be just a naked bar. You see my rom has to be limited because at a certain point my missing cartilage beneath knee cap, suddenly becomes apparent. Lets say, it parallel, maybe slight higher.

Had a physio session today.... and well basically NOTHING other than surgery can solve my pain issues. So it's looking like it's more a matter of me carrying on as normal learning to live with it, until I cannot live with it any more.

You dont need to be in a gym to get a video of body weight squats ;). You can just do these at home and prop up the camera somewhere.

Soldato
OP
I'd personally start with Squats first. Last thing I'd want to do is do Squats after something like leg press and compromise my form and hurt something because my legs are dead :D.

Yes you are right, but Im only doing baby weights at the moment, on the squats. When/if I make progress with them, then yea, I will switch the two around and start with squats. But it's all dependant on if the knee allows this to happen or not.

Soldato
Yes you are right, but Im only doing baby weights at the moment, on the squats. When/if I make progress with them, then yea, I will switch the two around and start with squats. But it's all dependant on if the knee allows this to happen or not.

That's why we wanted a quick video. It would be easier to fix form at the lower weight, then it would be if you made the weight heavier and because form or something wasn't right, ended up putting un-needed pressure on your knee or anywhere else and putting you out permanently from doing anything leg related :).

Soldato
Out too.

28cnhio.jpg

Soldato
OP
I really don't know why people are so agressive on here.

No need. Im not trolling nobody. I simply posted my thoughts and how things are going in the gym.

---

Right, so how have things been going? Well over all I would say good but not good enough.

What do I mean by this, well, things that I used to struggle on, I am started to see progress, bench press over head press etc.

The other genius plan I have is to switch to a 5x5 routine, but obviously modify it for me.

At the moment I have this:

A
Chest Press 5x5
OHP 5x5
Dips 5x5
SLDL 5x5

B
Pull ups 5x5
Dumbbell Bent Rows 5x5
Barbell Curls 5x5
Box Squats 5x5 (Fall back plan is Leg Press 3x10)

Not sure how to arrange it. A,B - A,B - - or A - B - A - - etc.....

Is there anything I should add to it. Obvious omission is deadlifts. There is someone in the gym I could ask to show me how to do it, but it's not in my hands. It's completly up to if my knee can tolerate it.

But forget that, is there any thing I should add that would add some value to my proposal?

I think the basic idea is just to make some progress on key elements. Bench, OHP, start doing weight Dips, if squats go well start going with those, reach body weight pull ups etc...

Last edited:
Soldato
If you want to make progression on OHP, then I'd move it over to the B routine as then you're going at them fresh instead of doing them after Bench which will make OHP take a hit :).

Associate
If you want to make progression on OHP, then I'd move it over to the B routine as then you're going at them fresh instead of doing them after Bench which will make OHP take a hit :).
Hmmm. Yeah, you could switch OHP over to B and your barbell curls over to A, especially given that curls are of lesser priority here.

As for why is everyone so aggressive, well, we're a bunch of neanderthal weight lifters - what do you expect?

hombre-de-neandertal.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I've decided to start calling you MethDisciple. It makes sense, there's no way you'd be doing this to us if you weren't a meth abuser.

Two core principles of StrongLifts:
  • Squat like you've never squatted before, thrice a week.
  • Each session will be exercising opposite muscle groups to maximise use of available energy

And here you are, doing box squats in one of your workouts (you can't squat, but can box squat?), sticking 3 pushing exercises in one of them, and replacing squats on one workout with SLDL which is more of a pulling exercise. And then you've put all your pulling exercises together as well. Seriously, you haven't adapted SL's for yourself, you've just ****ed it up.

And adding ancillary exercises is fine, but curlz? Really?

If only there was some sort of forum you could post on where people would offer you sound fitness advice for free................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom