Poll: Official 2023 Qatar Grand Prix Thread - Losail International Circuit - Round 18

Rate the Qatar Grand Prix out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Not the worst sprint race, still not a fan though but looking forward to tomorrow.

Congrats to Max and Red Bull, truly dominant. Nice to see Oscar get the sprint win too. :)

Don
Regardless of the winner of the WDC, I've always felt it overshadows the celebration for the race win on the Sunday and whomever else gets on the podium
Just going to quote this here. Oscar has his first ever win but it's lost in the noise of Max's WDC.

In a break of tradition, they even awarded Max's race trophy to him first before the WINNER of the race received his and interviewed him before the race winner.

I can't but help but feel bad for Oscar getting his first win in Max's shadow.

Man of Honour
Perez, Hulkenberg and Ocon summoned to stewards at 21:50 local time.

Reason - Alleged breach of Appendix L, Chapter IV, Article 2 d) of the International Sporting Code - Turn 2 incident between Cars 11, 27 and 31 at 20:52.

Associate
I agree they should be interviewing McLaren etc first but it’s not an actual race win, it’s a sprint win. There’s definitely a difference.

Personally, a WC win does overshadow a sprint win for me. One is a far superior achievement.

That doesn’t take anything away from Oscar, really happy for him and it’s great to see McLaren improving constantly. :)

Associate
Pretty good sprint race, just shame it got spoilt by 3 safety cars in terms of actual racing laps.

Wonder if they should actually make them fuel the cars for more laps, so let's say today they have to put in 25 laps worth of fuel for the 19 lap sprint, and then in the event of a safety car they freeze the number of laps? Then its still a full sprint race if that makes sense.

Only doable in terms of fuel for a sprint as obviously for a full race they will be full on fuel.

Just a shame for the spectacle that the race was cut short on an already short race that's all I'm thinking.

Man of Honour
nIwpv7H.png

h5guybK.png

1 deleted lap for Hulkenberg
1 deleted lap for Hamilton
1 deleted lap for Gasly
1 deleted lap for Sainz
1 deleted lap for Norris
1 deleted lap for T|sunoda
1 deleted lap for Bottas
1 deleted lap for Albon
2 deleted laps for Magnussen
2 deleted laps for Alonso
2 deleted laps for Zhou
4 deleted laps for Leclerc - Expect a penalty
5 deleted laps for Stroll - expect 2 penalties (or 1 large one)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just going to quote this here. Oscar has his first ever win but it's lost in the noise of Max's WDC.

In a break of tradition, they even awarded Max's race trophy to him first before the WINNER of the race received his and interviewed him before the race winner.

I can't but help but feel bad for Oscar getting his first win in Max's shadow.

Its not even a race. It's a sprint gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom