Poll: Official 2024 Austrian Grand Prix Race Thread - Red Bull Ring, Spielberg - Race 11/24

Rate the Austrian race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
The penalty system is just luck of the draw. Not like Norris wasn’t pushing his luck - it’s all just racing. Norris must’ve run out of brakes because he wasn’t in a position to uncut Max who would have run really wide on that corner.

Good luck for Russell but fair play making it to 3rd and not getting dropped by the front 2. Lewis seems to be struggling still.

Man of Honour
Verstappen pit radio - Max, heads up You were given a 10 second penalty for that incident with Lando. Just in case you were quizzed about that after the race.

Verstappen - Of course. Yup. Sure. That's just ridiculous. He can just send it left and right, what do you want me to do.

Pit - Yeah, he didn't behave correctly there Max. So yeah, desperately unlucky. Especially here. But you did your very best.

Soldato
First time seeing the incident (busy packing for holiday) - 100% max at fault there...

No room at all on the outside....

Commissario
Lando clearly very annoyed in the interview. I wonder what this will do to his relationship with Max off track.

/edit - that was part way through the interview. He’s clearly not happy at all.

Associate
Cracking end to the race - albeit very dull before the Max/Lando head-to-head. 7/10 for me.

Shades of Max from 2021 there, showing his desperation and being overtly aggressive. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in coming races.

Soldato
Hopefully Lando learns from this. Certainly sounds like he will from that interview. Max hasn’t done anything wrong in his or his teams mind so it’s doubtful he’ll learn much.
He'll almost certainly have a team of navy blue shirts round him telling him how amazing he is and how ridiculous this all was. He and RB have obviously learnt nothing from 21 other than be so far ahead it isn't something to worry about.

However, racing drivers of this caliber probably spend a lot of their lives having smoke blown up there **** so its not massively surprising... Lol

Back
Top Bottom