Poll: Official 2024 Austrian Grand Prix Race Thread - Red Bull Ring, Spielberg - Race 11/24

Rate the Austrian race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Caporegime
Nice try for claiming he didn't understand what those words meant as English isn't his first language.

Do you speak any other languages? It's quite easy to pick up words with a misunderstanding of the their precise meaning and easy to get a poor read on how offensive they are.

I'm not sure "retard" deserves a fine like that, but I guess F1 has a global audience and there is certainly a strand of the disabled community who considers it exceptionally offensive.

Did anyone know if Max had the same fine when he called Stroll the same back in Portimao a couple of years back?

Didn't Max call him a "****", which I would say is a much more offensive word? I believe no fine was levelled for that, although I think they've tightened rules as a result of Max's behaviour.

Associate
Do you speak any other languages? It's quite easy to pick up words with a misunderstanding of the their precise meaning and easy to get a poor read on how offensive they are.

I'm not sure "retard" deserves a fine like that, but I guess F1 has a global audience and there is certainly a strand of the disabled community who considers it exceptionally offensive.

To be fair whether he knew what he was saying or not, it worked as FIA acknowledged English isn’t his first language. As long as he remains a good boy until the end of the season he only needs to pay 20k lol

Soldato
How long before team radio is no longer broadcast? Too many people desperate to be hurt by mean words. It's too dangerous for the drivers to have the general public listening to them.

Commissario
How long before team radio is no longer broadcast? Too many people desperate to be hurt by mean words. It's too dangerous for the drivers to have the general public listening to them.
I’ve tried listening on the Sky app but it’s really frustrating as everything on there is about 30 seconds behind the live feed. I understand why but it means that most of the stuff they have is effectively useless if you’re also watching the race on Sky F1.

The driver tracker, timing sheet, live driver feeds etc would be a great complement to the main channel if they were in sync.

Man of Honour
Zhou starting from the pit lane after changing setup. Given he was at the back of he grid anyway, seems like a good idea for him.

Caporegime
So unless there are any crashes/mechanical issues, Max is totally going to walk this race.

Unfortunately, I think that he's going to win the championship easily unless McLaren can do something even more with upgrades. Even if the McLaren is nipping at the heels of/is as fast as the RB, Max's talent and championship lead will mean he will still win it. The McLaren has got to be consistently a good few tenths faster than the RB for Norris to stand any chance of the WDC this year.

The WCC championship is interesting though. McLaren are starting to look at least like the 2nd fastest car, and the Merc and Ferrari are fast enough and have stellar driver lineups to mean that Perez's total incompetence could see him finishing in the bottom half of the points most races.

If McLaren can keep getting 2nd and 3rd and can snatch wins here and there, whilst Perez languishes in 7th or 8th, things could get interesting. They still might need 1 or 2 DNFs for Max too though..

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else think sky are dumbing down their commentary? For anyone who doesn’t know can you explain what a DRS train is. Alternately the viewer could just google it and save the rest of viewers from hearing it a million times.

Man of Honour
LOL! Pinkham actually coming out with "If you take Max out of the race this could be utterly compelling"

You're not meant to say that out loud Pinkie... :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
So unless there are any crashes/mechanical issues, Max is totally going to walk this race.

Unfortunately, I think that he's going to win the championship easily unless McLaren can do something even more with upgrades. Even if the McLaren is nipping at the heels of/is as fast as the RB, Max's talent and championship lead will mean he will still win it. The McLaren has got to be consistently a good few tenths faster than the RB for Norris to stand any chance of the WDC this year.

The WCC championship is interesting though. McLaren are starting to look at least like the 2nd fastest car, and the Merc and Ferrari are fast enough and have stellar driver lineups to mean that Perez's total incompetence could see him finishing in the bottom half of the points most races.

If McLaren can keep getting 2nd and 3rd and can snatch wins here and there, whilst Perez languishes in 7th or 8th, things could get interesting. They still might need 1 or 2 DNFs for Max too though..
I can't see Max throwing away a 3 race win gap. However, as long as the Mclaren's can consistently 2nd/3rd and Perez Perez's, the WCC will be in trouble.

Talks to Jos and then, "I'd like to talk to a racing driver"... LOL

Back
Top Bottom