Poll: Official 2024 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Race 14/24

Rate the Spa race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Caporegime
Gutted for George. Perez lucky to still be P7 in the WDC. I can't see how they can continue with him being the deadweight now.

Perez has shown today (well, and inmay other races) that he's complete garbage compared to all the other drivers in the top 4 teams.

Started 2nd yet finished behind every other driver in the top four teams in 8th (7th) whilst his teammate started 11th and finished 5th(4th).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Teds notebook suggesting weight difference won’t be down to older tyres with less rubber.

Indeed..I read that the FIA can swap tyres for the weighing if needs be .

Seems like the car was just underweight.

Oh well, evens it up after Lewis's disqualification last season for the plank wear.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats water. Petrol is lighter than water. 2.8 litre is about 1.5kg I believe so.

I think 2.8L was before they took 1L for testing, at which point it was on the 798kg weight limit. They then took the remaining 1.8L which left the car 1.5kg under weight.

Fuel is less dense than water yes, but not half as dense :)

Soldato
How was it "masterfully driven" ?

On what metric are you basing that on? It's quite clear that everyone else just flubbed the strategy.

Or, of he was that much underweight, that is likely why he won anyway.

George was in a win-win situation. If he had 2 stopped he would have come 5th. Going to the one stop, Mercedes calculated that the worst he would have finished would have been 5th and likely come in ahead of that position.

Caporegime
George was in a win-win situation. If he had 2 stopped he would have come 5th. Going to the one stop, Mercedes calculated that the worst he would have finished would have been 5th and likely come in ahead of that position.

If Mercedes "calculated" that, then why on earth didnt they put Hamilton on that strategy then? He'd have won by a mile.

Soldato
That's twice the idiots in the garage have cost George a win . My heart goes out to you George , you drove the nuts off that car today .

This one is probably a genuine mistake, the other definitely wasn't!

Soldato
Have to feel for George but Lewis was the better driver on the day, on merit. George took a Hail Mary, because what else could he do, and it paid off. Maybe even only paid off as he was underweight

Lewis probably checking how watertight that contract is

Man of Honour
Have to feel for George but Lewis was the better driver on the day, on merit. George took a Hail Mary, because what else could he do, and it paid off. Maybe even only paid off as he was underweight

Lewis probably checking how watertight that contract is

Ferrari isn’t looking like the best move. Mercedes have come a long way.

Back
Top Bottom