Poll: Official 2024 Chinese Grand Prix Race Thread - Shanghai International Circuit - Race 5/24

Rate the China race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm implying that they will be deliberately focusing on Russell and his feedback, which could indirectly result in Russell getting a slightly more optimal setup yes.

Sprint races don't count then I take it? You couldn't be more obvious with your dislike of Lewis and are clearly arguing in bad faith.

No, you're just making excuses that have no substance to them as a reason as to why Hamilton has been poor this season compared to Russell. It'd be a lot easier if you just came to this realisation instead of doubling down on made up excuses. Lewis is a great driver, I used to really like him early in his career so I'm not sure why you keep bleating on about Lewis Hatred, I'm just able to be more objective than you.

Associate
No, you're just making excuses that have no substance to them as a reason as to why Hamilton has been poor this season compared to Russell. It'd be a lot easier if you just came to this realisation instead of doubling down on made up excuses.
What specifically do you think is made up? Explain instead of repeating the same old generic nonsense.

Last edited:
Soldato
Now those are some rose tinted glasses. Lewis thoroughly outclassed George last season and the second half of 22, if it wasn't for a lot of bad luck with safety cars in 22 then Lewis would likely have been ahead on points. Lewis has had a bit of a bad start to this season, but you can't read too much into it because he's leaving and won't have access to as much information as George, plus he sometimes doesn't do great at the start of the season anyway.

Who has 2 wins and who has 0 in last 2 and a bit seasons? If anyone has rose tinted glasses it's you. It's not like George didn't have bad lack either. Even his own teammate crashed into him.

You dislike Lewis I get it, you don't need to keep posting such obvious nonsense.

This says it all really.

Associate
No, you're just making excuses that have no substance to them as a reason as to why Hamilton has been poor this season compared to Russell. It'd be a lot easier if you just came to this realisation instead of doubling down on made up excuses. Lewis is a great driver, I used to really like him early in his career so I'm not sure why you keep bleating on about Lewis Hatred, I'm just able to be more objective than you.
The whole idea of someone being a WDC is that they can make the best out of anything - Alonso is a great example.

You’d have to be pretty small-minded to think that a team would gimp one driver and risk losing places in the WCC. Lewis just seems to have checked out or, similar to Danny Ric, can’t adjust to this style of driving/car.

Associate
You keep saying they are hiding info from Hamilton which is one of the reasons why Hamilton hasn't been doing very well. What is it that they are hiding? Not sure why I need to keep spelling this out for you.

It wouldn't be at all surprising if they kept various things from him such as development plans etc, the question is whether they have any effect on his driving, one would assume not. From the various articles I've read as well as Hamilton's comments it's clear that this generation of Merc has not been designed around his driving style, to the point where he is on record as saying they ignored him on various things. This combined with motivation issues, age and Hamilton historically being a slow starter are the main reasons Russell is currently outperforming him imo. I'd expect him to be back on form at Ferrari, maybe not peak Hamilton but closer to it.

Last edited:
Associate
You keep saying they are hiding info from Hamilton which is one of the reasons why Hamilton hasn't been doing very well. What is it that they are hiding? Not sure why I need to keep spelling this out for you.
I said it's likely, not that they definitely are. The engineers share a ton of information about the car to help the drivers understand it for car setup, if there's something that could be transferred to their rivals next season then they may choose not to share it as they're not fighting for a championship.

Associate
Lewis is a great driver, I used to really like him early in his career so I'm not sure why you keep bleating on about Lewis Hatred, I'm just able to be more objective than you.
Your definition of objective must be different to mine.

Used to love him as a driver, this season I'm not that fussed if he does well or not. As a person off the track I now can't stand him.

Lewis Hamilton - Pays no taxes but loves to cry about everything in a society he doesn't contribute to. He won't spend any of his fortune helping those communities he claims are disadvantaged/oppressed/discriminated against. He supports protests during a lockdown (How utterly irresponsible) He'll happily be sponsored/work for; Hugo Boss who made, you know who's, outfits in WW2, Works for Mercedes who made, you know who's, vehicles and gas parts whilst using Jewish slaves to do so, yet wears a lock on a chain because of the history of slavery... He also had everything given to him during his rise to be a racer when his competitors struggled to fund their racing careers. Claims he's a Vegan to help 'save our planet' yet used to own a private jet, a yacht, drive F1 cars and is sponsored by an oil and gas company. I will take NO lectures from the complete hypocrite Lewis Hamilton.

Soldato
Whenever there's any argument/debate/controversy about anything in F1...Lewis is talked about. Horner having an affair...Lewis is brought into it. A driver winning...compare to Lewis. Something about something....Lewis.

How many titles does George have I forgot?

Man of Honour
OP
Whenever there's any argument/debate/controversy about anything in F1...Lewis is talked about. Horner having an affair...Lewis is brought into it. A driver winning...compare to Lewis. Something about something....Lewis.

How many titles does George have I forgot?

George very much seems to be living off his "excellent championship winning F2 season"; if I was Toto I would be desperate to get an experienced, fast driver in to replace Lewis - someone with experience developing a car as well

Caporegime
I'm implying that they will be deliberately focusing on Russell and his feedback, which could indirectly result in Russell getting a slightly more optimal setup yes.

Sprint races don't count then I take it? You couldn't be more obvious with your dislike of Lewis and are clearly arguing in bad faith.

This is nonsense.

Show LH may have checked out. That's a fair reason why he might not be doing as well as GR. But you can't say it's because the team don't favour him now.

I find it near impossible to quantify driver performance when in other teams.

For example. Is MV amazing? Or is SP dire? It's impossible to know.
Why is GR getting the better of LH? Has LH clocked out? Is GR simply as good as LH? Has LH just got older? Is it the new car he doesn't get in with? It's impossible to say.

All you can say is that GR is doing a better job so far this season.
And thay MV is much better than SP

Last edited:
Soldato
According to this logic Ricciardo did better than Norris. :cry:

Think you're confused there. My point is that since they've been teammates George has done as well as and with those wins maybe even better than Lewis.
So I don't see why someone would think he should be humble, let's not mention there's no such a thing as a humble F1 drivers.

Associate
George vs Lewis argument

It stands to reason the team where possible will favour the driver who’s staying.

I don’t think that means much at this stage but they’ll certainly develop the car as the season goes on with George in mind.

What I found strange was the effort Mercedes are putting in to sign Max. The car is dreadful, why would Max sign and what does it say about Mercedes belief in George for the future.

Associate
George vs Lewis argument

It stands to reason the team where possible will favour the driver who’s staying.

I don’t think that means much at this stage but they’ll certainly develop the car as the season goes on with George in mind.

What I found strange was the effort Mercedes are putting in to sign Max. The car is dreadful, why would Max sign and what does it say about Mercedes belief in George for the future.
I'm sure teams consider preferred driving styles but highly doubt they're building a car around 1 particular driver, or even favouring 1 particular driver unless they have a clear understanding of their car, and that car is a top performer e.g. RB.

Soldato
GP2? Did I miss something?

George not complaining? ;) He does plenty of it. He's quite the moaner about other drivers actually.
All drivers complain. As said above, they like to air Lewis being stroppy more than others.
It's well known that they go with different setups. That time that George said he thought the setups were largely the same, was throwing shots at Hamilton deliberately. George has quite the nerve to say that given his results vs Lewis last season. He really should be more humble.
Unfortunately my comment seems to have been taken completely out of context and turned into a George versus Lewis peeing contest.
To clarify, and I'm stating a observation, clearly this year George seems to be more comfortable with the setup of his car and seems to be complaining less about it with Lewis being more vocal about and possibly being called out by George as well.
Nothing what so ever to do with what historically has taken place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom