Official 2024 Indycar Season Thread

I didn't realise until this morning that Kyle Larson ended up not getting a single lap at the NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 as the race was stopped for weather and not resumed!
He might even have cost himself being able to compete for the NASCAR title now as he hasn't had a waiver from NASCAR to miss the race.

I'll admit to not religiously following Indycar, seeing it as more of a palette cleanser after watching F1, but I do recognise the names of most of the drivers at the top end of races. *But*, for some reason, with Pato O'Ward, every single time I watch a race and his name comes up, I'm like, who's this irish fella driving in Indycar then? They must be proud back In Dublin, etc. Every time.

I'll admit to not religiously following Indycar, seeing it as more of a palette cleanser after watching F1, but I do recognise the names of most of the drivers at the top end of races. *But*, for some reason, with Pato O'Ward, every single time I watch a race and his name comes up, I'm like, who's this irish fella driving in Indycar then? They must be proud back In Dublin, etc. Every time.

My missues thought it was one of those many, many Americans that claim they're Irish/Italian/Anything other than American because their great great great great great grand Grandfather once had a sip of Irish whiskey.

It's something that always makes me chuckle. If America is the greatest country on earth, why do so many Americans claim to be from somewhere else?

Back to normality this weekend with Detroit Grand Prix on a fairly non descript street course!

Also normality in that Ferruccis been acting a total tit and getting physical with Kyle Kirkwood for something which wound him up in practice, not qualiy or the race but practice!

Last edited:
Ferrucci can't help being a ****. It's what he is.

He did later apologise, but when everyone has a problem with one particular person the chances are it's that person that's the problem, not everyone else.

Ferrucci can't help being a ****. It's what he is.

He did later apologise, but when everyone has a problem with one particular person the chances are it's that person that's the problem, not everyone else.
The fact that he was punted out of F2 as quickly as he was coloured my opinion of him, but it’s not like he’s made any effort to change.

Back
Top Bottom