Official 2024 Indycar Season Thread

Caporegime
I love indycar, it’s such a lottery, the rain shower really confused everyone.
This is a terrible track to have at any point in the season, but to have it immediately after a classic Indy 500 is stupid and ridiculous. It needs removed from the calendar but GM bosses want it around their HQ so it stays. At least put it a bit later, not immediately after the 500.

I'm convinced his car has a bigger fuel tank than anyone else. He does this so often.
Scott and Dario were always the fuel save kings. As Dario tells it, Chip Ganassi used to tell them to drive as if they were paying for their own fuel. You could hear Scott lifting off the throttle 300+ yards before the braking point into turn 3.

Soldato
That was a bit of a farce. I've not minded this track too much in the past but it's actually fairly awful.

The AMA Safety Team seemed quite amateurish today, there were at last 2 occasions where they were trying to tow a car and managed to tow it into their truck.

Man of Honour
OP
Arrow McLaren at it again; Theo Pourchaire had been confirmed for the rest of 2024 but now they've binned him and replaced him with Nolan Siegel who has signed a "multi-year" deal .

Indycar contracts seem to be a complete joke

Siegel bringing more money than Pourchaire plus whatever his termination fee was, I guess.

It’s not so much Indy as the fact that the team owners are mercenary ********. Zak Brown has been a turd in F1. Roger Penske is bent a a nine bob note. Chip Ganassi ran over a dog because he was angry. AJ Foyt continues to keep Sabrina Ferucci on the payroll.

Does make for bloody great drama though. The racing is excellent and all the off track noise is hilarious.

Soldato
Whilst yeah its sucks for the driver. This is business, these teams exist to make money at the end of the day.
Not sure what the beef with Zak Brown in F1 is. He's come across very favourable to me, he's built a good strong team around him and they are bringing in real world results finally again after over a decade of being nowhere.
Roger Penske... I'll give you that! :cry:

Soldato
Maybe he just reminds me too much of American managers I've been forced to interact with in previous corporate lives. :D
Maybe you are scarred from previous contacts, personally I think he has been pretty good, I'd rather listen to him than Toto or Christian and I think his general improvements at the team are starting to reap the rewards now.

Associate
Good race from Laguna Seca last night
It was.
Palou nearly got shafted by the fact that most Indy Car drivers are not very bright and are unable to go very long without crashing or hitting each other.
Also, we know the Americans like a caution, but the idea that this can be delayed at will until everyone has pitted seems to go against the reason you have a caution, which is safety.
The fact that there was a stranded car in the middle of the racetrack seemed irrelevant.
Having said all that, it makes for good TV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom