Poll: Official 2024 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Race 16/24

Rate the Monzo race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the results

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think RB fans are currently torn between staying quiet, or talking absolute jibberish like arguing that their competitors shouldn't be using team orders because it damages the racing.. conveniently forgetting they've been using team orders for years now, and there's currently 7 cars on the grid that could realistically win a race on any given day :D
Staying quiet about what? Perez barely finishes in the points and everyone is fairly vocal about how rubbish he is. The only team orders Perez gets is to stop driving so slowly.

Equating Max/Perez to Oscar/Lando is a wild take. Team orders are rarely good for racing, but I can accept them when there's a clear #2, which McLaren doesn't have.

The fact that the RB appears to be the fourth fastest car now.

But that's the discussion. If one of your drivers cannot realistically win the WDC and your other driver can, does that not make the former a no.2 driver?
I know Twitter/X is a minefield but I assure you the RB fans are acutely aware of the situation that they find themselves in.

But that's the discussion. If one of your drivers cannot realistically win the WDC and your other driver can, does that not make the former a no.2 driver?
No? Of course not.

Schumacher coming back after his leg break to try and help Irvine win the title didn’t make him a no.2 driver. He even won 2 of the races that season after his comeback!

Last edited:
Do Red Bull actually have fans that aren't Max or Checo fans ?

Can't say I've ever met anyone who actively supports them as a team unless their favourite driver is driving for them.

Granted that's the case to a certain extent with other teams (Hamilton fans switching allegiance from McLaren to Merc for example) but at least the other big teams have a long history in the automotive industry as well as obviously manufacturing cars... people are fans of their products.

Red Bull is just a team that exists purely to sell energy drinks. They don't really have a product which would make people love them as a company. Perhaps I'm living in a cave and there are actually people who get as obsessive over an energy drink as they do a LaFerrari or whatever

Last edited:
The fact that the RB appears to be the fourth fastest car now.
I guess if you ignore every other race this season. McLaren have the quickest car, and then it's whoever between RB, Ferrari and Merc get their setup right.
Then it should be easy for Norris to out-drive him, especially when starting from pole...

Can't say I've ever met anyone who actively supports them as a team unless their favourite driver is driving for them.
I don't think many people support just a team. How many Lewis fans are going to stay Merc fans after he moves to Ferrari?

Most drivers also have a fan group from their home country.

Last edited:

Granted that's the case to a certain extent with other teams (Hamilton fans switching allegiance from McLaren to Merc for example) but at least the other big teams have a long history in the automotive industry as well as obviously manufacturing cars... people are fans of their products.

Red Bull is just a team that exists purely to sell energy drinks. They don't really have a product which would make people love them as a company. Perhaps I'm living in a cave and there are actually people who get as obsessive over an energy drink as they do a LaFerrari or whatever
Red Bull also saved Formula 1 from dropping to 8 teams in 2005/2006 when they bought both Jaguar and then Minardi.

It’s easy to think that they are just an energy drink company and this is their very expensive advertising budget - but they clearly support and value the sport and we shouldn’t immediately discount them actually having people who support them.

Up until Webber retired, my mum was a Red Bull fan (exclusively because of Webber) and whilst I’ve always been a Williams/McLaren fan because of who I watched growing up, I still really enjoyed Vettel’s wins in 2010 and 2012.

Modern day F1, and especially since drive to survive, has made Red Bull more the ‘villains’ and Horner has sort of really leant into that which probably doesn’t help build the fan base so it really does come from the drivers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom