Poll: Official 2024 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Race 16/24

Rate the Monzo race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the results

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol...probably bit late now
Indeed.

So uhh, what’s the net change in points difference between Lando and Max after today? And what would happen if that RB is going to end up finishing P6/7 every race? If the McLarens, Ferrari and Mercs are now actually faster than the RB it could actually be on for Lando. But does he need to win every race if Max is only coming in say 5-7th?

Last edited:
from my reckoning, if lando comes in 2nd for every race left (8 nr) and Max finishes 5th then I think Lando wins the WDC by 2 points? Mathematically possible even if McLaren don't prioritse Lando - but they would need to finish 1/2 to make it work... obviously relies on the RB being as slow as it has become and to finish 3rd or lower....

Indeed.

So uhh, what’s the net change in points difference between Lando and Max after today? And what would happen if that RB is going to end up finishing P6/7 every race? If the McLarens, Ferrari and Mercs are now actually faster than the RB it could actually be on for Lando. But does he need to win every race if Max is only coming in say 5-7th?

Well, i think the strat should have started at Hungary. Working it actually out. +7 points there. Switched drivers today, +2. That gives us 250 points for Norris, 303 for Max. 53 point gap. But if you include the daft dive from Piastri today and Norris/Piastri had come home with a 1/2. Norris would have another 10 extra points. 260 to 303, 43 point gap with 200 points up for graps still. Norris has given up 20 points in 4 races. It's obvs still possible but you kinda need to take every point you can get when you're in Lando's position going into the 2nd half of the season. McLaren haven't set up to do that, they've arsed about. Max will be 10 points or something.

Max isn't going to come 6th/7the every race til the end. If he did and Norris came in the top 3, i think there would be enough races to close the gap. Would go to the wire

Last edited:
Great race. Imola can be so dull.
Glad ferrari rolled the dice. Would have been dull. If they didn't.

Great race and leclerc was driver of the day.

Glad piastri beat norris.

RBR, could well come 3rd in WCC. Amazing

Back
Top Bottom