Official 2024 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Race 16/24

I don't think this kid is ready for full time F1. Give him more practice time next year then give him a full time seat in 2026.

Last edited:
I don't think this kid is ready for full time F1. Give him more practice time next year then give him a full time seat in 2026.

But then I guess who do you use as a stop gap? Bring back Stoffel for a year? I can't see many drivers with ambition happy to go to Mercedes when they know Mercedes already have who they want and re just waiting it out

At this point its not as if any other team is going to take him for 2025 anyway if Merc don't - they could easily just have him another year in F2 /reserve.
Might as well just chuck Mick in for a season

Would've thought so. It looked like they've got the car back already pretty quickly after the accident. Though I am only partly watching as I work so may have missed something.

I know Toto didn't want to risk losing out if Kimi was a phenom but it feels like they're piling the pressure onto this young kid to replace one of the, statistically speaking, greatest drivers ever
Completely agree on this. I've seen absolutely nothing special about the kid that warrants anywhere near the level of hype about him. I'll happily eat my words if he comes out of the gates swinging next year, but I really cannot see it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom