Official 2024 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Race 16/24

If this carries on with Lando dominating Max in the 2nd half of the season, that Hungary race is going to haunt him. Gave up 8 points, it's a lot
The pessimist in me says we’ll get a few more races like this which will get everyone excited, but RB will bring it back somewhat and we’ll get one or two Max wins and that’ll be that. But for now we can enjoy it. I’m still not sure Lando is consistent or confident enough.

But yeah if it comes down to the wire they’ll be absolutely haunted.

Good stuff McLaren and nice qualy performance from Russell again.

Red Bull seem to have **** the bed. Maybe concentrating too much on next year thinking the rest wouldn’t catch?
I think people need to understand the lack of wind tunnel time RB has had over the last few years. Obviously working as intended, despite certain posters here moaning previously that tunnel time meant nothing.

I think people need to understand the lack of wind tunnel time RB has had over the last few years. Obviously working as intended, despite certain posters here moaning previously that tunnel time meant nothing.
Not to mention that one bloke who can probably visualise what effect changing Part X would have in his head leaving the team.

I don't believe that Red Bull are seven tenths off the pace at all and they also have a better race car, but we'll see how the race goes tomorrow. But a good lap from Lando despite him thinking he'd messed up his final.
Lewis looked dejected after the final qualification.

Another quali where Hamilton failed to deliver his best when it counted and the fine margins punished him. He's still top tier but I think age is beginning to take the edge off slightly in situations like these.

Looking forward to the race. Anything less than a McLaren 1-2 should disappoint them.

Think Landos biggest problem is there's too many other being competitive now! When RB were making hay early on it was a 1 car event now it's like 6/7 drivers duking it out.
It's a blessing and a curse - he needs his team mate and the Mercs and Ferraris to take points off Max, but he can't avoid to lose points to them either.

I don't believe that Red Bull are seven tenths off the pace
I don't think anyone does, given Max's Q2 lap was only three tenths off the pole pace but it would still only have been good enough for 7th. There's fine margins at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom