Official 2024 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Race 16/24

RBR have said from the beginning of the season that the other teams would catch up by the mid season break
Isn't it also down to their design approach? I remember reading that they feel that they've somewhat hit the ceiling with where they can go - vs. others that have gone in a slightly different route (discounting Merc's strange zero sidepods vision...)

McLaren Formula 1 Team has been fined €10,000.
The McLaren team representative admitted that the mechanic had misjudged the
situation and that the error belonged to the Team.

The Red Bull representative stressed that the mechanic should be focussing on the
movement of cars in the pit lane and the Stewards noted from the pit lane CCTV
video that in this case the focus appeared to be more on Car 81 than cars in pit lane.
Having noted precedents for this type of breach, the Stewards are of the view that
this breach warrants a more severe penalty than previously applied hence the penalty
above is imposed.

Oscar avoids any penalty himself.

RBR have said from the beginning of the season that the other teams would catch up by the mid season break
People seem to be missing the fact that RBR are faster than last year; it’s just that other teams made bigger gains.

There was also talk of them changing some suspension on the rear, which has led to the car being unpredictable.

The pessimist in me says we’ll get a few more races like this which will get everyone excited, but RB will bring it back somewhat and we’ll get one or two Max wins and that’ll be that. But for now we can enjoy it. I’m still not sure Lando is consistent or confident enough.

But yeah if it comes down to the wire they’ll be absolutely haunted.

Was always going to be a longshot for Norris. But it's sport i suppose, anything can happen

It's a rhetorical question but why don't they change it back?
The CFD and wind tunnel testing probably shows potential, but similar to Merc zero pod, it could be a flawed design that doesn’t translate to the track.

Back
Top Bottom