Official 2024 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Race 16/24

I remember reading something since where they believe they could've salvaged something from the zero pod design as their biggest issues at the time were bouncing and the floor. I guess someone decided enough was enough and it was time to reduce the variables they needed to fix and they probably had a lot more knowledge of standard pod designs and the ones everyone else was running, so went back to that. I wish they'd been able to fix it as it was different. Albeit a bit ugly compared to the norm... Lol
You'd have to image that the data showed promise otherwise they wouldn't have pushed that concept for ~2 years. The first big gain that most teams got was from reworking suspension, something which RB got right from the start.

Dramatic finish to the F3, a last corner overtake wins the championship for Fornaroli who takes the title without a single win to his name.

Makes you think if Mini wasn't doing any weaving down the back straight then Mansell might have been a bit closer and less susceptible to a dive from Fornaroli.

There was loads of weaving in that race, would be team radio complaints central if that was in F1.

When i watched the quali highlights on youtube last night the commentator said that Max lost 6 tenths in his best lap so he may not be as slow as his quali suggests? That would only put him 2 tenths off of pole. So he may still be able to make some moves?

The bigger question is will Lando be able to break his streak of fluffing his start?....

When i watched the quali highlights on youtube last night the commentator said that Max lost 6 tenths in his best lap so he may not be as slow as his quali suggests? That would only put him 2 tenths off of pole. So he may still be able to make some moves?

The bigger question is will Lando be able to break his streak of fluffing his start?....
The Red Bull's race was fine in the practice race sims. Tyre degradation though may play a big part in the race for all the teams. I guess with the new track surface though there are a lot of unknowns.
Apparently Mclaren have been investigating the poor starts for both cars and have discovered something in the settings that they've now tweaked. According to Lando his practice starts have improved this weekend.

Last edited:
That would only put him 2 tenths off of pole. So he may still be able to make some moves?
Lewis was “furious” with himself because he lost a couple of tenths on a couple of corners too and thought he could have grabbed pole. I believe it, I don’t think any racer would say that if it wasn’t near enough true. So the cars may be fairly evenly matched. Could be interesting.

It’s a long drag to the start isn’t it?

Lewis was “furious” with himself because he lost a couple of tenths on a couple of corners too and thought he could have grabbed pole. I believe it, I don’t think any racer would say that if it wasn’t near enough true. So the cars may be fairly evenly matched. Could be interesting.

It’s a long drag to the start isn’t it?
The perfect distance for Lando to go from P1 to P5 before we even reach the corner.

Back
Top Bottom