Poll: Official 2024 Monaco Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit de Monaco - Race 8/24

Rate the Monaco procession out of one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the solution for Monaco is to just remove the Nouvelle Chicane? That gives a clear run from Portier, through the tunnel, all the way down to Tabac. Add a bit of DRS if necessary and you've got the perfect overtaking spot.

Surely the solution for Monaco is to just remove the Nouvelle Chicane? That gives a clear run from Portier, through the tunnel, all the way down to Tabac. Add a bit of DRS if necessary and you've got the perfect overtaking spot.

There has to be some kind of corner there, or you have to demolish a building - a café - to make room for it. Ultimately the shape of the Monaco GP is determined by the buildings and roads available.

Just make the tyres less durable, they were running the softest versions they could have. Maybe Monaco needs a spec specifically for that race.

I suggested this years ago when we had the ultra-softs, which were only really used at Monaco and lasted about 15-20 laps max.

They could have just mandated the ultra-softs only for Monaco, suspending the normal two-compound rule and everyone automatically has to do 3/4 stops.

I suggested this years ago when we had the ultra-softs, which were only really used at Monaco and lasted about 15-20 laps max.

They could have just mandated the ultra-softs only for Monaco, suspending the normal two-compound rule and everyone automatically has to do 3/4 stops.
Yep - that would be much better. Only able to use those tyres in the race, and anyone going long on them needs to fall off a cliff in performance. If the tyres only last 20 laps you'll get loads more action.

Came across well. Much better than your average American 'celebrity' who think they're bigger than the sport.
Im assuming the Sky Sports caption/quote was trying to take the mick but that was on the grid walk so she was clearly talking about that (not the race itself)

She came across well until she was like “I don’t know, whichever race I next get invited to” /facepalm :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom