**Official ABIT AB9 QuadGT Review/Overclock/Guide Thread**

Soldato
OP
Update: Added a new beta bios to the original thread, relating to the issue of a minority of people losing the lan port which should be resolved.

Remember this is a beta bios & use at your own risk.

Soldato
Nelly said:
Update: Added a new beta bios to the original thread, relating to the issue of a minority of people losing the lan port which should be resolved.

Remember this is a beta bios & use at your own risk.

Thanks for that. I haven't seen this issue myself, but you're doing a sterling job of keeping that 1st post up to date. This is definitely the tidiest of the official threads, and I think it's because that initial post answers so many questions in one place.

Thanks - please keep it up!

Soldato
Nelly said:
that issue seems to have largely involved running memtest - a weird 1 for sure.

Soldato
OP
May I ask, if any of you have used ram with this board that isnt on the above compatability list which fully works, please let me know by adding which ram your using to the thread, I'll then add it to the original post.

Thanks.
WJA96 said:
Thanks for that. I haven't seen this issue myself, but you're doing a sterling job of keeping that 1st post up to date. This is definitely the tidiest of the official threads, and I think it's because that initial post answers so many questions in one place.

Thanks - please keep it up!
No problem at all, infact I'll probally do this for any future boards I aquire, next will be the DFI P965-s Dark Infinity - I'll definitly keep this thread upto date. :)
BUFF said:
that issue seems to have largely involved running memtest - a weird 1 for sure.
Oh right, didnt know that is that using the dos version? any more info would be appreciated & I'll add it to the info I compile with the beta bios in question.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
UPDATE: 27/04/07

I requested a revision of the manual earlier this week, I have now recieved Revision 2, which adds another 12 pages including a bios section.

Instruction Manual

English Version (Revison 2) 27/04/07

Abit will include this on their website in due course, I have added a personal link for you to download it from.

Regards,

Nelly.

Associate
Got one of these yesterday, had some initial problems. Its was getting as far as "Verifying DMI pool" then rebooting. Once I updated the bios it was all fine though.

Associate
Great thread.

I'll be buying one of these soon for my first build. Just a couple of questions.

The OP says it supports Corsair 2GB Dominator DDR2 PC2-8500 (2x1GB) CAS5, but the manual says it only supports up to DDR2 800. Therefore is there anything special that must be done in the setup to get the Corsair running at 1066Mhz?

Also if I buy one of these now, will it come with the BIOS ID: 11 preinstalled or will I have to update from BIOS ID: 10? Assuming I will have to flash to the latest BIOS, I will use the USB pen drive method; so can I do this before I install windows (sorry probably dumb question)?

Soldato
ritcH said:
The OP says it supports Corsair 2GB Dominator DDR2 PC2-8500 (2x1GB) CAS5, but the manual says it only supports up to DDR2 800. Therefore is there anything special that must be done in the setup to get the Corsair running at 1066Mhz?
I would guess by using appropriate fsb & divider ratio - the mobo runs well at 1:1 & 4:5, I haven't tried anything else.

Also if I buy one of these now, will it come with the BIOS ID: 11 preinstalled or will I have to update from BIOS ID: 10?
that will depend upon when the stock was delivered I doubt that anyone can say without physically using the mobo.

Assuming I will have to flash to the latest BIOS, I will use the USB pen drive method; so can I do this before I install windows (sorry probably dumb question)?
if it has the original 1.0 BIOS afaik you can't use the USB pen drive method but b02 or later you can.
In other words if it doesn't come with 11, no.

Associate
:eek: I am about to stuff 8GB (4x2GB) of G.Skill PQ series DDR2-800 into this board, I wanted the new DFI Infinity but I couldnt wait.

Lets see how good the memory controller & BIOS is when it gets a load of that along with a QX700 to chew on.

Back
Top Bottom