**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Soldato
aionbackground01.jpg

Join the OCUK fun! Legion will be up shortly :)

Open Beta

UPPPP!!!

Beta Overview:

Aion's Open Beta Test featuring version 1.5 will take place 6-13th September and will include numerous Western enhancements, including improvements to Aion's innovative character customization with a host of Western styles, as well as new zones, instances, skills, quests and continued game balancing and improvements. Open Beta will retain a level cap for both Elyos and Asmodians characters at 30 allowing players to focus on getting to the same level so they can explore the lands of Atreia together, as well as the Abyss. You can check the server status here:

http://kindred.aion.tv/status/

Beta Date:

September 6th 5:00PM - September 13th

OCUK server group:

I think its best if we all play on the same server, so if everyone joins the Beritra server on Channel 3. Here's how to change channel:

Step 1: Click the menu button next to your skillbars.
Step 2: Click the support tab.
Step 3: Click 'Change Channel'.
Step 4: Scroll the list of channels and select the one you wish to switch to, then click move

Name List - Castor - Elyos

maxilive - Maxi [Elyos-Warrior] - In Legion
Cryfreeman - Cryfreeman [Elyos-Mage] - In Legion
robinson09 - uprightmetal [Elyos-Scout] - In Legion
Ascendancy - Nefarious [Mage]
Climhazzard - Climhazzard [Warrior]
v1bez - Vibez [Elyos-Cleric]
CossackNoodle - Ravin [Elyos-Scount] - In Legion
starfighter - iamself [Elyos]
Cutshaw - Cutshaw [Elyos-Scout] - In Legion
moomoomoo - doomer [elyos-priest] - In Legion
Duran - Duran - In Legion
Dinkas - Sanctus [elyos-priest]
TFleming - Redd - [Elyos-Sorcerer]

If you would also like adding to the name list so you can party with OCUKers just post a reply in this thread and I'll add you to the list. Hope we manage to get a big party going sometimes over the weekend, along with a big meet-up in one of the cities :)

Name List - Castor - Asmodian

Backstab - Backstab [Asmodian-Scout]

Vent Server

Someone on the Aion source forum has offered this Vent server for any legions/players etc looking for somewhere to chat. They don't take responsibility for any problems that may be encountered etc. But if you want somewhere to chat you can connect to this server:

IP: fluorine.typefrag.com
Port: 24721

How To get Aion (US) changed to Aion (EU) - This isn't needed

1) Load the NCSoft Launcher.

2) At the bottom of the "Not Installed" list you will see an entry labelled "Aion". Left click it then click on the arrow at the end and then properties.

3) Click the "Browse" button and find the folder where you installed Aion (US) and then select the "bin32" folder inside it.

4) You will then be asked if you are sure and a few other minor warnings. Just agree to it. It does NOT need to download another 6 to 8Gb!

5) Check your "Installed" list in the NCSoft Launcher. You will notice that Aion (US) has gone and it's simply left with Aion.

6) This step is optional. Left click on the Aion entry and then the click the arrow and finally on "Repair (Consistency check). This will take 2 or 3 minutes (or more) and it will double confirm that you do no need to download any more files moving from (US) to (EU).

Thanks [timko] for the how to guide

OCuk Aion Legion Servers

For the remaining round of closed beta #6 and when the game is released in
September, users wishing to participate in the OCuk Aion Legion should create
their characters on the following two servers, depending on the race you've chosen...

Elyos = Castor
Asomodian = Castor

Once you have joined the server pm either myself (lMaxil) or Olwyn for the Elyos server or pm "info coming soon" if you are on the Asmodian server

Download Aion's 1.5 client

Full Clients:

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/aion_the_tower_of_eternity/
http://www.fileplanet.com/201991/200000/fileinfo/Aion-Game-Client
ftp://ftp.ncsoft.com/Aion/Client/Torrent/AionFullInstaller_1.5.0.1.zip.torrent

Patch (for people who already have the latest Closed Beta client):

ftp://ftp.ncsoft.com/Aion/Client/Torrent/Aion_CBT_OBT_installer.zip.torrent

Also Fileplanet are giving away loads of open beta keys on the 1st September!

Last edited:
Well asssuming my OCUK "Say who wants it first" beta key works and my crappy net connection is done downloading it by tonight I'll be monging about trying to figure out how to move.

Will be an Elyos Templar called...something, will figure that our later.

Glad someone started a thread like this (so i didnt have to :p)

I am intending to make an Assassin I guess I will roll Elyos :)
I will post again when I have a name. As I am not sure what names are taken etc.

Are you restricted to one faction even though it's still in beta? I'll probably start with Asmodian chanter, but will most likely switch factions half way through to have a look at both areas.

Will add a random name later.

its still downloading but i hope to be ready for later and shall endeavor to get a char made on Ariel.. will post name later i guess!

i'll be on tonight also! not sure what my name will be but im thinking about making a gladiator! not sure what faction. is there set factions that are allies or?

Ahh, Wind server here :)

Leek and the other guys from the UK coming to Aion?
Have they decided US or EU server yet do you know?

Well I know most of KoS are going to US, Leek I think is planning on playing the EU version though! Will try and catch him on MSN -.-

Back
Top Bottom