**Official** Aion Beta Thread

I phone them up earlier, Women said she would send the code by email but got no email as of yet.

/EDIT

Got a email with the Code but came up as code has already been used

Last edited:
Anyone who pre-ordered from play and hasn't already got their pre-order key won't be getting it until tomorrow, I just phoned their helpline

Yep thats what i got told the second time i phoned up, As got told the codes come from headoffice and its closed all over the weekend so should be Monday at sompoint :rolleyes:

Hey lads, sorry if this has been answered before maybe..Now i dont want to start a flame war or anything, And im not saying anything bad about the game but i was just wondering what makes this game special and not like just every other mmo out atm? I was watching my bro play yesterday and it obviously just starts like every other mmo, Pick up this kill that etc. So whats the end game objectives?

I dont know that much about it, Just some basic info like its more a pvp game etc. But just wanted to hear your opionion on why this game is going to be the next best thing?

Cheers

Hey lads, sorry if this has been answered before maybe..Now i dont want to start a flame war or anything, And im not saying anything bad about the game but i was just wondering what makes this game special and not like just every other mmo out atm? I was watching my bro play yesterday and it obviously just starts like every other mmo, Pick up this kill that etc. So whats the end game objectives?

I dont know that much about it, Just some basic info like its more a pvp game etc. But just wanted to hear your opionion on why this game is going to be the next best thing?

Cheers

Its not going to be the "next best thing". Anyone who says that isnt being objective about the MMO market.

What is it going to be, is a decent PvP focused MMO. Something which the market has been sadly lacking in since Daoc. It wont be for everyone..not everyone will like the PvP focus of the game, not everyone will like the slower levelling and perceived grind, not everyone will like the lean towards grouping.

But for those who enjoyed pvp MMOs like Daoc, for those people it could well be the next big thing. But it isnt for everyone by any means, and there will be a lot of people who jumped on the proverbial bandwagon who quit at the end of the free month because its not to their tastes.

Ok fair enough i dont mind grouping or grinding too much, But is the endgame pvp fighting for keeps? Or zones? or just run around killing people? Can guilds own keeps and stuff? Can you only pvp in the obys?(spelling)

So im guessing from what your saying its like doac/lineage 2 then right?

*edit* Also maybe the next best thing isnt the best wording, What i meant was make makes it special. That makes more sence i think :D

Last edited:
Ok fair enough i dont mind grouping or grinding too much, But is the endgame pvp fighting for keeps? Or zones? or just run around killing people? Can guilds own keeps and stuff? Can you only pvp in the obys?(spelling)

So im guessing from what your saying its like doac/lineage 2 then right?

*edit* Also maybe the next best thing isnt the best wording, What i meant was make makes it special. That makes more sence i think :D

Yup, similar to Daoc, keeps within the Abyss (think keeps in the frontier in daoc terms).

You can also use rifts (like big portals) which open from time to time, to go to the enemy homelands and kill people there. (no flagging, everyone is permanently flagged)

Yup, similar to Daoc, keeps within the Abyss (think keeps in the frontier in daoc terms).

You can also use rifts (like big portals) which open from time to time, to go to the enemy homelands and kill people there. (no flagging, everyone is permanently flagged)

Ok cool, So can you fly in the abyss? Also can you use your abilities while flying? If so how does that balance out with melee etc? Altho thinking about it how could you have keeps with walls and be able to fly..?

Ok cool, So can you fly in the abyss? Also can you use your abilities while flying? If so how does that balance out with melee etc? Altho thinking about it how could you have keeps with walls and be able to fly..?

Yup, theres a lot of flying in the abyss. Most skills can be used while flying. There are methods of bringing people down from flight if need be :)

Keeps have a shield protecting them so that you cant just fly over the walls en masse. There are ways to bring down the shield though.

nice, Sounds like fun! Im just imagining all the different things you could do if you could fly and fight aswell.. Must be some good ambush tactics flying around.. haha no pun intended..

So are there pvp lvls aswell i take it? What kind of things can you get from that? Is it like the warhammer system? ie you get talent points and cant wear the high end gear untill you get higher pvp rank? Also are there battlegrounds or all world pvp?

nice, Sounds like fun! Im just imagining all the different things you could do if you could fly and fight aswell.. Must be some good ambush tactics flying around.. haha no pun intended..

So are there pvp lvls aswell i take it? What kind of things can you get from that? Is it like the warhammer system? ie you get talent points and cant wear the high end gear untill you get higher pvp rank? Also are there battlegrounds or all world pvp?

There are PvP levels, usual kind of rewards. Not really any instanced battlegrounds as such (thank god), although there are PvP dungeons where you will encounter enemy players.

Back
Top Bottom