**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Soldato
aionbackground01.jpg

Join the OCUK fun! Legion will be up shortly :)

Open Beta

UPPPP!!!

Beta Overview:

Aion's Open Beta Test featuring version 1.5 will take place 6-13th September and will include numerous Western enhancements, including improvements to Aion's innovative character customization with a host of Western styles, as well as new zones, instances, skills, quests and continued game balancing and improvements. Open Beta will retain a level cap for both Elyos and Asmodians characters at 30 allowing players to focus on getting to the same level so they can explore the lands of Atreia together, as well as the Abyss. You can check the server status here:

http://kindred.aion.tv/status/

Beta Date:

September 6th 5:00PM - September 13th

OCUK server group:

I think its best if we all play on the same server, so if everyone joins the Beritra server on Channel 3. Here's how to change channel:

Step 1: Click the menu button next to your skillbars.
Step 2: Click the support tab.
Step 3: Click 'Change Channel'.
Step 4: Scroll the list of channels and select the one you wish to switch to, then click move

Name List - Castor - Elyos

maxilive - Maxi [Elyos-Warrior] - In Legion
Cryfreeman - Cryfreeman [Elyos-Mage] - In Legion
robinson09 - uprightmetal [Elyos-Scout] - In Legion
Ascendancy - Nefarious [Mage]
Climhazzard - Climhazzard [Warrior]
v1bez - Vibez [Elyos-Cleric]
CossackNoodle - Ravin [Elyos-Scount] - In Legion
starfighter - iamself [Elyos]
Cutshaw - Cutshaw [Elyos-Scout] - In Legion
moomoomoo - doomer [elyos-priest] - In Legion
Duran - Duran - In Legion
Dinkas - Sanctus [elyos-priest]
TFleming - Redd - [Elyos-Sorcerer]

If you would also like adding to the name list so you can party with OCUKers just post a reply in this thread and I'll add you to the list. Hope we manage to get a big party going sometimes over the weekend, along with a big meet-up in one of the cities :)

Name List - Castor - Asmodian

Backstab - Backstab [Asmodian-Scout]

Vent Server

Someone on the Aion source forum has offered this Vent server for any legions/players etc looking for somewhere to chat. They don't take responsibility for any problems that may be encountered etc. But if you want somewhere to chat you can connect to this server:

IP: fluorine.typefrag.com
Port: 24721

How To get Aion (US) changed to Aion (EU) - This isn't needed

1) Load the NCSoft Launcher.

2) At the bottom of the "Not Installed" list you will see an entry labelled "Aion". Left click it then click on the arrow at the end and then properties.

3) Click the "Browse" button and find the folder where you installed Aion (US) and then select the "bin32" folder inside it.

4) You will then be asked if you are sure and a few other minor warnings. Just agree to it. It does NOT need to download another 6 to 8Gb!

5) Check your "Installed" list in the NCSoft Launcher. You will notice that Aion (US) has gone and it's simply left with Aion.

6) This step is optional. Left click on the Aion entry and then the click the arrow and finally on "Repair (Consistency check). This will take 2 or 3 minutes (or more) and it will double confirm that you do no need to download any more files moving from (US) to (EU).

Thanks [timko] for the how to guide

OCuk Aion Legion Servers

For the remaining round of closed beta #6 and when the game is released in
September, users wishing to participate in the OCuk Aion Legion should create
their characters on the following two servers, depending on the race you've chosen...

Elyos = Castor
Asomodian = Castor

Once you have joined the server pm either myself (lMaxil) or Olwyn for the Elyos server or pm "info coming soon" if you are on the Asmodian server

Download Aion's 1.5 client

Full Clients:

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/aion_the_tower_of_eternity/
http://www.fileplanet.com/201991/200000/fileinfo/Aion-Game-Client
ftp://ftp.ncsoft.com/Aion/Client/Torrent/AionFullInstaller_1.5.0.1.zip.torrent

Patch (for people who already have the latest Closed Beta client):

ftp://ftp.ncsoft.com/Aion/Client/Torrent/Aion_CBT_OBT_installer.zip.torrent

Also Fileplanet are giving away loads of open beta keys on the 1st September!

Last edited:
How many heaer/buffer do we have atm on each race?

Temp me to go tank on a specific race :p

Well I'm a healer/buffer on Eylos :P

can someone who knows what they are doing set up a private chat channel for example [OcUK] password [OcUKAion] ?

ive joined channel 3 but cant see any chatter ;p

I'll try that after work.. so won't be until tonight. Channel 3 is just the game channel nothing to do with chat, its just you will be more likely to see OCUKers ;)

is it just me or do most the quests where looting something doesn't work

Mines been fine. Sometimes I have to kill an extra 2 mobs than the quest requested but nothing to over the top. Also had a fair bit of unique loot.

Last edited:
[RB];14406953 said:
My client won't even load up.

It looks like it's going to start. Sits for about 30 seconds and then gives an illegal operation error on the 'Aion.bin' file.

I've had a look around but can't see a solution to this :/

If you right click Aion in the ncsoft launcher I think their is an option to check files? Something might of corrupted. If not try file permissions to the Aion folder?

[RB];14407225 said:
I've ran the file checker a few times with no success. I'll try disabling UAC & playing with the file permissions tonight (on win7 btw) to see if that helps.

Also have you got the gameguard fix?

I'm loving it, as I loved the last beta :P

Can't wait to get some more skills as the priest is pretty slow to start off with.

Finally nearly back to lvl 10. Not sure how to make a guild but if anyone does do they want to make an OCUK one?

We need get a party going ^.^ I'll add everyone in the list, so if people do the same you are bound to find someone who is a similar level to you.

[timko];14411446 said:
Back to level 10? Do they wipe your characters between each closed beta or did you just want to create a new one for round 3?

I just created a new character :) their won't be a wipe now until release I don't think.

Just had a great erm... 4 hour session with Last Kronin and eekfek. Good games guys! Managed to get to lvl 12, lvl starts to get a lot slower after 10.

As soon as Last Kronin left eekfek and I decided to go shopping only for eekfek to fall of the map as he didn't wait for the lift! Hilarious stuff.

Again GG guys hopefully again tomorrow :P

The next beta starts in 12 days I believe :D

Had a great weekend with everyone. Hope to be able to play for an hour or so after work to hit level 19 and get my new skills.

I agree with Fenris combat does seem a little stale when soloing but much better in a group, I also think as we are such low levels its bound to be less interesting to what we are custom to at high levels in other mmos.

I will try to level the Legion, we need 120k to get level 2 which allows us to choose our own emblem and at level 3 we get to make our own :P So if everyone donates 10k it should be easy to level :)

Some images from this weekend. Not really got any great pictures of all the Legion together. We will need to take a Legion Screeny in the next beta ;)

aion0000zbt.jpg

aion0009dfk.jpg

aion0030yxe.jpg

aion0098f.jpg

aion0003e.jpg

aion0058.jpg

aion0067j.jpg

aion0073.jpg

aion0080.jpg

aion0095.jpg

aion0033h.jpg

Last edited:
Managed to find an Aion Italian party last night to kill some Krall. Was great fun in a big party using my buffs and being the side healer as the other healer sucked!. Things really started to pick up as soon as you hit the higher areas but you need fairly big solid parties to continue.

Back
Top Bottom