**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Name's are limited to 1 per server, so assuming it hasn't already been taken on Spatalos you won't need to bother deleting the toon on Castor for the name.

Since I already had two characters (one each on Castor and Spatalos) I had to delete the one on Castor first due to the pre-selection limit of 2. It came up with a 5minute countdown warning of deletion before it put me back to the screen where you choose the race. Then I created the same character with the same name on Spatalos :)

i think we need a brand new "Launch thread" :)

There's more discussion building in the OCuk Legion thread...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18054508

:)

Player Name: Gypo
Class: Gladiator
Guild: Love Not War
Web: http://www.love-not-war.org
Side: Asmodian
Server: Telemachus

Can't wait for Sunday night, 10 channels rather than 3 to smooth over the lagfest a little!

I bet there will be loads of people complaining about lag, and not realising that you can change channel. They really should mention it more, you can level a damned site faster in channel 8,9 or 10 than in the lower channels.

starting to think the pc god doesn't want me to play aion Hard drive just failed on my main pc gonna have to rma it to someone just over a year old and it had to fail 2 day and I put in a backup drive and the sata port broke LOL i'm having a bad day so far :/

My client I downloaded from Steam is not in english either?! looks Korean.....Do I need to re-download it all??

I had the same issue after d/ling from Steam last night.

I followed the directions contained in this post on aionsource and everythings been working fine since.

kyou42 said:
Alright, I did some sciencing and it works now. As LiMZ said, renaming the folder to AionEu solves the problem -- except if you're using Steam. Here is what I had to do if you have Steam and you want to fix this right now. Basically, if you were wondering if it would work if you just replaced the language files with the proper ones then the answer is yes, it does work. Still, here are the step by step instructions.

1) Copy C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\aion to C:\Program Files\NCSoft and name it AionEu (C:\Program Files\NCSoft\AionEu).
2) Open C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Launcher\NCLauncher.exe
3) You will notice you now have two Aions on your launcher. Open the one under (the one that doesn't say North America) and let it update. When it's done, close it.
4) Copy C:\Program Files\NCSoft\AionEu\L10N to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\aion and replace the folder of the same name. You can now delete C:\Program Files\NCSoft\AionEu since you don't really need two copies of Aion in your computer.
5) Open the launcher again through Steam or through wherever and launch the game. It should be in English. Also the Steam Overlay finally works with this patch.
6) Do a little dance because it now works.

I haven't got mine yet either, I pre-ordered from the same place.

I'm also worried about the size of my Aion client, I downloaded it through the NCLauncher and at first it downloaded a 6.8GB file, then it downloaded a 800MB patch and now it's saying that it's up to date. Last I heard the game was at least around the 9GB mark :confused:

i recieved my email from play.com on friday as far as i can remember you should have got urs ... although i did preorder my game for beta access and never got a code for that u better contact them

I haven't got mine yet either, I pre-ordered from the same place.

I'm also worried about the size of my Aion client, I downloaded it through the NCLauncher and at first it downloaded a 6.8GB file, then it downloaded a 800MB patch and now it's saying that it's up to date. Last I heard the game was at least around the 9GB mark :confused:

My current Aion folder is 11.5gb.

Anyone who pre-ordered from play and hasn't already got their pre-order key won't be getting it until tomorrow, I just phoned their helpline.

Is there a chance steam would send me a pre-order key today if I was to buy it today?

Oh and Tombstone, I checked my Aion folder and it's now 10.5GB so I'm missing 1GB somewhere.

Last edited:
Anyone who pre-ordered from play and hasn't already got their pre-order key won't be getting it until tomorrow, I just phoned their helpline.

Is there a chance steam would send me a pre-order key today if I was to buy it today?

Oh and Tombstone, I checked my Aion folder and it's now 10.5GB so I'm missing 1GB somewhere.

play fails... false advertisment much? what can do you leagly over this?
"Pre-Order from Play and receive a unique code to gain access to Aion before everyone else! In order to qualify for this offer you must have the BETA client software*. Codes will be sent 5 days prior to the official release date of the game."

The jersey guys are useless for MMO pre-orders, vowed never to order one from them again as they always mess up codes.

The steam key instant, just right-click the icon and "Manage Game Account" then login to your NCsoft account and it links it.

play fails... false advertisment much? what can do you leagly over this?
"Pre-Order from Play and receive a unique code to gain access to Aion before everyone else! In order to qualify for this offer you must have the BETA client software*. Codes will be sent 5 days prior to the official release date of the game."

I'm not sure what I can do legally, they haven't charged me for the game yet (they better not have since I haven't received a code never mind a physical copy of the game).

I think I will be cancelling my order and buying it on steam going off what Vtec said, I really wanted a physical copy though since the speed of my Internet has been crippled by my ISP.

Back
Top Bottom