**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Yeah although pre-select was running late, they coped pretty well and got a fix out within the hour. I have played other games where the servers are just down for hours and everyone is left in the dark.

It looks promising as it looks like customer support is being treated seriously.

It's 90 at Legion Level 3 i think.

So i'd assume the closer we get to it, then the more critical we would get with inviting players.

Thanks for the info :)

Well we managed to all get our names and characters how they looked by makin temp chars and loggin multiple accounts

we had 2 casualties tho, 2 got name jacked :(

+1 for NCSoft and their emergency patches within an hour :)

I started trying to get on straightaway at 8pm. Got that 1024 error, messed around for about 30mins and then gave up. Came back at 10pm when the new patches were available and managed to load up just fine after that. Apparently both the names I wanted were boring/crap enough to still be available two hours on, even after the servers went down again for 10mins :D

The only thing I did fudge on was creating my first character on Castor when everyone else is going on Spatalos. If I delete the one on Castor, will the name be available straight away so I can re-create on Spatalos?

I got the 1024 error and it seems a lot of Steam users now have the Korean client instead of the English EU one, like myself, after the patches last night. I've ended up just uninstalling the one I had and re-installing from the NCSoft launcher to see if that works.

Only thing is it looks like Spatalos is full for new pre-select characters so might be fun, especially with launch day lag/queues.

I got the 1024 error and it seems a lot of Steam users now have the Korean client instead of the English EU one, like myself, after the patches last night. I've ended up just uninstalling the one I had and re-installing from the NCSoft launcher to see if that works.

Only thing is it looks like Spatalos is full for new pre-select characters so might be fun, especially with launch day lag/queues.

My client I downloaded from Steam is not in english either?! looks Korean.....Do I need to re-download it all??

Anyone have any idea how you go about assigning your collectors edition items?

I read something about it but the options that they told me to follow were not there, do I have to wait until the game goes live for this or am I doing something wrong/is something not set-up yet right by NCsoft?

I read something about it but the options that they told me to follow were not there, do I have to wait until the game goes live for this or am I doing something wrong/is something not set-up yet right by NCsoft?

I dont have the CE, so not sure, but I would imagine you would need the game to be live.

Try this..

Theres a fix to this go into your NCsoft folder and rename the Aion folder to AionEU, Restart the launcher and this will force it to redownload the english language files the login screen will now be english!.

guys, i have a quick question. or a few, really. im a bit confused about reading around about aion.

1) When will aion be released
2) If the beta is currently running, is is still open to play?
3) will the beta testers have a big advantage when the game is released?
4) if/when i get aion, is it possible to join the ocuk guild?
5) what would you give it out of 10?

thanks !

guys, i have a quick question. or a few, really. im a bit confused about reading around about aion.

1) When will aion be released
2) If the beta is currently running, is is still open to play?
3) will the beta testers have a big advantage when the game is released?
4) if/when i get aion, is it possible to join the ocuk guild?
5) what would you give it out of 10?

thanks !

1) Its released on the 25th, however if you have preordered you get to start tomorrow.
2) The beta is now finished
3) Initially possibly, as beta testers will be familiar with the early quests (and so be able to level quicker during the early levels), and will be more familiar with the classes. Later on though everyone should be in a similar state of understanding of the game
4) No idea, I'm not in it, but I dont see why not.
5) Based on what I've played in Closed and Open beta, I would give it an 8.

Preorder and CE items are not available until the game goes live.

You don't need to assign anything, the items are 1 for each character you have

1) Its released on the 25th, however if you have preordered you get to start tomorrow.
2) The beta is now finished
3) Initially possibly, as beta testers will be familiar with the early quests (and so be able to level quicker during the early levels), and will be more familiar with the classes. Later on though everyone should be in a similar state of understanding of the game
4) No idea, I'm not in it, but I dont see why not.
5) Based on what I've played in Closed and Open beta, I would give it an 8.

thanks very much tombstone, looks good so far. i used to play WoW, but because of the time consuming nature, and the addictiveness, i gave it up. The thing i didn't like about WoW, was that for PvE, you needed to join a good guild, and spend most nights playing the game. I hope in aion it'll be turn it on and off whenever i need to, without needing to worry about guilds and the like?

thanks very much tombstone, looks good so far. i used to play WoW, but because of the time consuming nature, and the addictiveness, i gave it up. The thing i didn't like about WoW, was that for PvE, you needed to join a good guild, and spend most nights playing the game. I hope in aion it'll be turn it on and off whenever i need to, without needing to worry about guilds and the like?

Certainly shouldnt need to spend most nights playing the game, Aion doesnt have as much of a raiding lean as WoW.

Back
Top Bottom