• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Hello` Just finished installing my too` Well happy with it, overclocked to 1230 core and 1720 men. :)
20130909_224241-1.jpg

Very nice :)

So...is everyone a happy 7990 owner with Mantle announced? Certainly looking to see how much further this thing will stretch its legs in the future! Plus nothing announced to best it ;)

Certainly, even the new AMD cards (even with Mantle) won't touch the 7990 with 2x7970 cores and at sub £500. WOW.... (although I did get mine the day they were released at £840, but had months of a 7990 before the drop)

Last edited:
Well BF4 for me isnt what I'd quite hoped performance wise but I guess it's still in beta. By i5 @4.5ghz was maxed but both cores on 7990 only at 50% load. :confused:

So looks like there's a lot of work for the CPU in BF4.

Changing the graphical settings only made a small difference. With everything at ULTRA post processing off, motion blur off, I'm getting 38 fps average and dropping below 20 when hectic. Gpu's load in the late forties maybe into 50%.

Wont make any assumptions until the full release of the game but many i5's are struggling. Would be interested to hear from other 7990 owners how they have fared in BF4 beta. Those with i7's or 8 core AMD's may fare better.

Other than the performance issues I have found the beta enjoyable for the 4 hrs I played.

Best

I have a 4.7Ghz 3930K and a water cooled 7990 and could try it.

Where can you get the BF4 Beta from ?

Cheers chaps well it was looking good, cpu temps were disappointing what with my bricklaying tim on :)
After a few re-applies I ended up taking that alphacool cpu block out and replacing it with an ek supreme should have stuck with what I know from the beginning.

And who the heck ..... I mean how did I fall for windows 8.1 its a tad better than 8 but my machine was dropping out all over the place ..... just when I thought I was in sight of 3600 on heaven 4 tooo grrrrrr :)

The rads are alphacool :)

ToxicBag - What PSU are you using for this setup with 2x7990. Been thinking about getting another for my rig, but only have a 850w corsair and it will probably be too little juice.

BF3 premium, MOH warfighter owners and BF4 preorder people got access yestreday. I'm unsure if it's only these that get access though I did read that on 4th october it may become completely open, or maybe that was the consoles get the beta. I guess it would have appeared inyour Origin account if you had any of the pre-requisites to the beta. The download is 5GB for the beta. Good luck.

I'm sure someone will be along to correct me shortly. I see others from this thread are in the BF4 benchmarks thread, discussing at length BF4 and it's beta issues with vram limits and CPU bottlenecking etc. Interesting.

ah ok thanxs, unlikely I will have access to it as only ever had BF3 on 360

What are you guys on air running this at overclocked?
Im on 1600 mem and 1100 core at the moment and got to about 72degrees max in the valley benchmark on extreme HD which doesnt seem to bad.. Especially with reports of the 290x being 95degrees.

Under water for me as I am 100% 24/7 on both chips LiteCoin mining.

60 under water and 92 under air. Both scenarios running for a week at 1100/1500

Under gaming you are not at 100% for hours on end.

Back
Top Bottom