*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Soldato
ffs after not playing for months i go back on and it keeps getting massive artifacts and crashed or just vanishes to desktop with no warning.

i7 920 @4ghz 6gb ddr3 gtx275

default to high but all settings are normal, post fx is off vid mem is default. 1680x1050 100% fill.

have tried doing different commands in the command line but still crashes :(

also "localVRAM=919994368;" according to my config file

Soldato
Hmm well artifacts usually mean memory issues on graphics card and "vram" message suggests that too so there must be something there. Are all the drivers and patches up to date? You using beta patches for ARMA?

Associate
Im really gona have to get back into this game. The only thing is it seems very hard to pick up, especially if you are online by yourself and not in a clan. I shall keep an eye out and see where everyone is playing.

Associate
Currently running Core 2 Quad 6600, 8Gb RAM, BFG GeForce 8800, and Vista 64. I'm guessing I'll have to run on medium detail levels??
Just realised that system is 2 years old, must look at upgrading!!!

I'm running it on MEdium Settings with most things turned down - Ill check and post back tonight full details.
All running on an I5 750 (Stock), HD5850, 4GB RAM, W7. :)

Im really gona have to get back into this game. The only thing is it seems very hard to pick up, especially if you are online by yourself and not in a clan. I shall keep an eye out and see where everyone is playing.

Running High mostly 1920 x 1080, Q6600 at stock again, and a 2gb 4890, no probs here. Looks great.

Pyro, am usually kickin about somewhere online as Ive been getting back into some practice for OA, usually on the Wrecking Crew Server, is a Domi 2.15.

Associate
Running High mostly 1920 x 1080, Q6600 at stock again, and a 2gb 4890, no probs here. Looks great.

Pyro, am usually kickin about somewhere online as Ive been getting back into some practice for OA, usually on the Wrecking Crew Server, is a Domi 2.15.

Sounds good! I shall get the game installed soon and check it out.

Soldato
Hmm well artifacts usually mean memory issues on graphics card and "vram" message suggests that too so there must be something there. Are all the drivers and patches up to date? You using beta patches for ARMA?

yea all my drivers are up to date.... should i be using arma2 beta patches? they on the website or do you mean for mods? that vram, is what is in my config file, i dont actually get any error messages... just artifact, goes crazy, freezes, crashes.. and a box with arma2 has stopped working

should i manually set the vram in the config file? 896mb in bits yes? i went to a conversion site and it gave me two different readings o.O

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if I buy the Steam version of Operation Arrowhead, will I run into problems with having a retail version of ARMA2??
I know OA is standalone but it says that OA integrates with ARMA2 ????
Thanks.

Soldato
Purchased OA in the Steam Sale.

Can anyone recommend good a good co-op server? :)

yea this one:

Anyone who gets into this please pop along to our teamspeak, we're a friendly bunch and have a long history as a group.

IP: havoc-company.com
Port: 9987
Password: apple

If you have any steam problems we'll also sort those out for you, usually via teamviewer. Be advised we are a realism group and can be a little hardcore at times, so if you don't have patience it might be better to find another group, not so say we don't have fun though.

As for integrating steam / normal retail, it's quite an easy process so don't worry about it too much... Once it's done it's done.

Associate
Just finished building my new rig and would love to get into this. Tried on release but was too buggy and my system really struggled.

Is the patch from 1.00 to 1.08 the latest? Downloading it now but just wanted to check. Also if anyone could recommend a good uk forum/clan that I could join I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom