*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Associate
It's been a while, but after seeing this thread reactivated I loaded Arma 2 again and had a blast.

Then I went and installed ACE 2, and immediately noticed that the crosshairs had gone, making actuall hitting something a trial and error thing.

Is this a feature, or is there something wrong? The Wiki is being replaced at the moment, so I can't get the info.

By the way, I then loaded Arma 2 without ACE 2, and the crosshairs work there.

Oh, and I've installed the latest patch, so that's not a cause (if there is one)

Last edited:
Associate
Then I went and installed ACE 2, and immediately noticed that the crosshairs had gone, making actuall hitting something a trial and error thing.

Is this a feature, or is there something wrong? The Wiki is being replaced at the moment, so I can't get the info.

Ace 2 is realism mod so crosshairs would be a no no. Iron sights or looking down your scope is the way to go.

Soldato
Some new equipment, armies are slightly split (like USMC, Army, Air Force), new sounds, new smoke effects and such. At least that's what I noticed so far.

Soldato
Well I still have no clue how CTI mode works but starting to grow fond of the Hold mode. After failing a lot with heavier weapons and rocket launchers and such found out that sniper rifles suit my style a lot more. Where most arcade game require snipers to have a sort of a "hold back" gameplay AND excellent reflexes the latter is not necessary here. Find a nice little place, bit a patience, get some kills and then switch position, rinse and repeat works nicely. Although only quibble I have is that it still runs pants on my PC after turning almost everything down. So consequently I'm having problem with IDing targets as they all look same from distance.

Associate
Am looking at buying this game once my new system is up and running.

Arrowhead an exspansion pack for this game is coming out this year I believe.

EDIT: And I see you have a thread for that :).

Last edited:
Soldato
More of an heads up..

ARMA II is £8.95 on Direct2Drive at the moment.

Includes the original Armed Assault as well and the expansion for it.

ARMA Gold Collection

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/2/8651/product/Buy-ArmA-Gold-Collection-Download

ArmA Gold

Prepare to experience the ultimate combat simulation with ArmA: GOLD compilation pack! Included inside is the award winning ArmA: Combat Operations and expansion pack ArmA: Queen’s Gambit, which adds a completely new story campaign and unique features to an already immersive simulation!

ArmA 2
ARMA 2 is set in a near future, year 2009, in a fictional state of Chernarus, a post-Soviet country where civil war raged for over 2 painful years. As a leader of USMC Force Recon team, you are sent with your squad to prevent further civilian casualties and ensure ongoing stability in Chernarus.

ARMA 2 is based on the latest generation technology, offering a large-scale game world, authentic and extremely detailed modern units, weapons, vehicles and environments, challenging single player and a vast array of multiplayer options.

ArmA Gold Collection Download Features

ArmA Gold
ArmA 2

Back
Top Bottom