**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

how to set the RAM Speed

I am not sure how to set the RAM speed on this borad. If i manual set the ram 400 mhz in the CPU config, does it mean it will always run at 200 mhz no matter HTT i set in cpu manual jumper?

Conman said:
I am not sure how to set the RAM speed on this borad. If i manual set the ram 400 mhz in the CPU config, does it mean it will always run at 200 mhz no matter HTT i set in cpu manual jumper?
nope, setting it at 400Mhz is what ASUS call 1:1 sync, i.e the memory will run the same speed as the HTT. So if you set the memory 400 mhz and the HTT at 250 then the memory will be trying to run at 250MHz (500DDR).

Keep reading and you will get it :)

Max Vcore?

What is the maximum setting of Vcore, mine MB show 1.5 Max
Is there something wrong with my MB, it is not what it say in manaul as 1.65?

Arrr sorry did read though the treat, it is the 1009 thing.

So they fix it in newer version?

Last edited:
Conman said:
What is the maximum setting of Vcore, mine MB show 1.5 Max
Is there something wrong with my MB, it is not what it say in manaul as 1.65?

Arrr sorry did read though the treat, it is the 1009 thing.

So they fix it in newer version?

I think they disabled 1.65volts on 90nm cpu's, and also dualcores

im not sure what you have... Your sig says 4000 so im guessing not a dualcore... or is your sig old? :)

Overlag said:
I think they disabled 1.65volts on 90nm cpu's, and also dualcores

im not sure what you have... Your sig says 4000 so im guessing not a dualcore... or is your sig old? :)

This is the current system im working on. and it is the only system i have...
my cpu is AMD 64 4000+ SD (single). But on this bios 1009 the voltage is at 1.5 max.

Conman said:
This is the current system im working on. and it is the only system i have...
my cpu is AMD 64 4000+ SD (single). But on this bios 1009 the voltage is at 1.5 max.

An older bios went up to 1.65v but at any settings above 1.55v it wouldnt put the voltage any higher and so 1.55v was the max.

The bios on the A8N SLI SE goes up to 1.65v but if i select more than 1.565v in the bios the board wont post , i need more than 1.6v for my 3500+ newcastle to get a decent speed increase but i plan to get a opteron or dual core cpu when i can so it wont be as much of a problem then .

Hello lads,anyone know anywhere other than Asus to get Bios files from need something with decent volts in it as the 1011 im currently using is carp!

Trying to put an extra PCI-Express graphics card into this board but it isnt working.

Does this thing only support two cards via SLi or am i missing something very simple? :)

Cheers

Ian said:
Trying to put an extra PCI-Express graphics card into this board but it isnt working.

Does this thing only support two cards via SLi or am i missing something very simple? :)

Cheers

Have you plugged in the EZ plug to the motherboard? If not do so, it is required for additional power. If you look at the board, when you install the second card, a red LED should come on warning you that you need to plug in the EZ plug for additonal stability. This can be toggled on and off in the bios.

Hi guys

Quick question...

Does the heatsink/pipe work effectively is the motherboard is mounted vertically but not overclocked?

I have an A8N-SLI where the fan has failed and the chipset is damaged by excess heat.

I am looking at either the Premium or the A8N32-SLI.

Specs:
X2 4400
2x 1Gb Corsair TwinX
1 6800GT (though I will probably be upgrading and SLI'ing in the near future).

I was leaning towards this board as it seems there isn't a huge amount of room for airflow on the A8N32 but it's mounted in a coolermaster stacker so it's vertical.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated as I need to buy this thing in about 2 1/2 hours!

Thanks.

BoomAM said:
Heatpipe orientation wont make the slightest bit of difference to its cooling performance. One of the benefits of heatpipes.
:)

That's not true in the case of the A8N-SLI though because it uses a liquid inside the heatpipe to transfer heat away from the northbridge, when mounted upside it will overheat.

TheBigCheese said:
Hmmmm I did wonder, thanks for that info, very useful!

Do you know about the A8N32-SLI? Would that have the same problem if it is mounted vertically?

Thanks.

yes because it uses the same heatpipe/liquid technology.

Ok thanks...

Right, that's thrown that idea out of the window.

I need motherboard recommendations and I need them fast...I'll start a new thread.

Thanks for all the help in this one!

Back
Top Bottom