**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

Associate
Hi All...

Just finished my first new build and I have a small nagging problem. (spec below)

Can someone please tell me why the Power Setup Tests run and then BIOS beeps once, every time I boot.
I have been into BIOS and enabled Quick Boot, but it hasn't seemed to stop this happening.
Someone must have had the same thing happening to them and sorted it out.

4800+ X2
Asus A8N-SLi Premium Nforce 4
Corsair 2gb DDR XMS3200 C2PT TwinX
Seasonic S12 600w PSU
3 x 200gb Seagate Barracuda's 7200.8
Sapphire X1900 XTX
X-Fi Xtreme Music card
2 x Pioneer DVR-110DBK DVD RW

Soldato
Vlad Drac said:
All the fans seem to run realy quickly for the first few seconds as well.

Thats normal also, the XT/XTX cards run at full fan speed for a few seconds then reduce speed.

Disabling Q Fan in the bios as mentioned on a previous thread makes the chassis & cpu fans run at full speed. (See below - part of the Asus technology)

ASUS Q-Fan2
ASUS Q-Fan technology intelligently adjusts both CPU fan and chassis fan speeds according to system loading to ensure quiet, cool and efficient operation

Permabanned
Putting a Sata Hard drive in PC this week as the main one. Installing XP Pro with SP2. Do i need to install SATA drivers with this combination on this board? Ta

Soldato
Help!

Changed from DFI to asus sli premium and trying to install 2 x sata hdd in raid 0 with windows x64. Bios i'm running is 1008 (09/22/2005) and i'm having all manner of problems and cant make head nor tal of the manual.

Will recognise drives with the sil raid (plugged into the red slots 1&2) but windows wont see them. Tried with nvraid disabled/enabled, with nvidias x64 drivers. At a loss now and cant install windows.

Soldato
While we are on the subject which controller is best to use for Raid setup's? Nvidia or Silicon Image Raid Controller's???

TBirdUK said:
Help!

Changed from DFI to asus sli premium and trying to install 2 x sata hdd in raid 0 with windows x64. Bios i'm running is 1008 (09/22/2005) and i'm having all manner of problems and cant make head nor tal of the manual.

Will recognise drives with the sil raid (plugged into the red slots 1&2) but windows wont see them. Tried with nvraid disabled/enabled, with nvidias x64 drivers. At a loss now and cant install windows.

Raid enabled within the Bios Advanced section? When your booting up did you press F10 to set up the Nvidia raid strip? - see manual page 5-21 to 30 & 5-31 to 5-40 for silican image raid setups respectively.

Soldato
TBirdUK said:
Help!Bios i'm running is 1008 (09/22/2005)
Forgot to mention switch over to bios 1009, use nForce4 AMD Edition Version: 6.70 Release Date: October 26, 2005 WHQL Certified from the Nvidia website as well - really stable for me anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whats the maximum CPU Voltage this board can do? My FX-53 is set at 1.5v on auto but I cant seem to increase it higher to go past 2.6ghz as the bios wont boot up so I end up resetting the bios! :confused:

Also I've noticed that Bios version 1011 has been officially released, anyone tried it yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
Bomag said:
Nelly

I think Vcore max is limited to 0.15v more than the default voltage.

I've read on various forums that the maximum voltage is 1.5v using bios 1008/1009 not sure about 1011 but it kinda sucks as my default voltage on the FX-53 is 1.5v arghh! very very annoying!! :mad:

Soldato
Mook said:
I assume the Asus A8N-SLI runs dual core ok now? I mean bios support etc etc

1011 supports all AMD 64 chips upto FX60 and several Operton processors. Goto Asus UK's site and you can get a list of CPU support and which bios it was included in.

Soldato
scott.holmes said:
Can anyone tell me how to find what Chipset version im running on this board? Im using Windows XP

I need to update the BIOS, im only on version 1006!! But it tells me to make sure im running 6.65 or later....
IF you installed the chipset drivers off the support CD which came with the motherboard, do this:-

1) Insert the CD, you should have on your screen a mini table with a drivers list to install as follows:- Nvidia Chipset Driver Program, Make Nvidia PATA RAID Driver Disk etc etc etc - ignore these for now.

2) Under the Asus icon click on the far right tiny icon which says "Browse the file list of the support cd" it should then give you a contents of the driver versions & check what it says for Chipset which should read something like this: -Chipset
-WIN2K3 -nVidia Chipset(CK804) driver version V6.66 for Windows 2000/2003.
-WINXP -nVidia Chipset(CK804) driver version V6.65 for Windows XP(WHQL).
-Win64XP -nVidia Chipset(CK804) 64 bit driver version V6.65 for Windows XP(WHQL)/2003.
-2003x64 -nVidia Chipset(CK804) 64 bit driver version V6.66 for Windows 2003.
-Novell -nVidia DOS NDIS Ethernet and ODI driver V4.52.

When I recieved my mob I upgraded my chipset drivers to the latest ones which are here this applys to Windows XP:- http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_amd_6.70.html

Basically regardless if you use the mentioned onces 6.70 off the above website then you will be using the same ones I'm using with Bios 1009, hope that helps. Any problems just let me know. :)

Associate
Thanks for that, i'll give it a try. I know when i first installed it last year i used the CD to install it then. But im sure i have updated afterwards, but i dont know what version.

Will try that after the football and see how i get on!

Thanks again

Soldato
scott.holmes said:
Hey, tried that and i have v6.66 installed, so all is good. Ive downloaded the 6.70 to try anyway, so will upgrade that later :)

Thanks for your help!

Yup same as me, I upgraded from the 6.66 then 6.70. If you look in the readme notes it tells you what versions the actual drivers are then you can check in the Hardware devices for the Nvidia Serial ATA/Parallel ATA Controllers - you will see the versions correspond etc if you wanted to really look into it, most people just upgrade the chipset driver & thats it. :)

Back
Top Bottom