*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

Soldato
FINALLY! Sick of being sniped by the M60 from the other side of the map, it's a bloody MACHINE GUN!!! Not a rifle!

ags

There was actually a guy in real life credited for taking down someone at a huge range with a machine gun. Lemme wiki for a bit.

EDIT: Found it! Carlos Hathcock made a kill with a scoped M2 Browning machine gun at a range of 2,250 metres.

"The M2 machine gun has also been used as a long-range sniper rifle, when equipped with a telescopic sight. Soldiers during the Korean War used scoped M2s in the role of a sniper rifle, but the practice was most notably used by US Marine Corps sniper Carlos Hathcock during the Vietnam War. Using an Unertl telescopic sight and a mounting bracket of his own design, Hathcock could quickly convert the M2 into a sniper rifle, using the traversing-and-elevating (T & E) mechanism attached to the tripod to assist in aiming at stationary targets. When firing semi-automatically, Hathcock accurately hit man-size targets beyond 2000 yards—twice the range of a standard-caliber sniper rifle of the time (a .30-06 Winchester Model 70). In fact, Hathcock set the record for the longest confirmed kill at 2,250 m (2,460 yd), a record which stood until 2002.[36][37]"

Last edited:
Soldato
Have been playing conquest for the past few hours with my mates and i'm properly loving this game! Takes some getting used to after MW2 though. Especially the snipers! I did manage to 2 headshots in a row against 2 guys camping next to each other,somebody spotted them so I just aimed slightly above the red spot icon and BOOM!HEADSHOT!
I also don't find this as annoying as MW2.In that game it seems sometimes you die when you know you shouldn't have.But in this whenever I die I know it was my fault.

Soldato
@TehBluebear

am sure i have seen the British army use the M2 browning on top of light vehicles with big scopes on them sniping away, it is a 50 cal round and its going to mess up your day even if it hits you in the leg as its the whole leg thats gone :D

Last edited:
Soldato
We all had a few games last night, although, don't think it was one of the best nights lol. Constant sniping and med M60 spam. I finally unlocked all the sniper class, so now working on the assault and medic. I such with both :(

I own with the engineer but not with the other classes :(

Going to be a long time unlocking all these items.

ags

Soldato
OP
Medic isnt to bad tbh... i unlocked 3 guns in 1 day... its all about sticking with ur squad and healing/revive.

Once you get the 249 its easier to kill people too :)

This ^^ just run around riving. Don't even worry about getting shot at just run in there revive and get out. Do it on conquest where tickets count on both sides. AS defenders may get annoyed with it.

Soldato
This ^^ just run around riving. Don't even worry about getting shot at just run in there revive and get out. Do it on conquest where tickets count on both sides. AS defenders may get annoyed with it.

Lightweight Kit + Body Armour is great for medic, the M60 is already powerful enough, has plently of ammo and a great iron sight so no need for anything else!

Wish this game had a server option for assault where 'IF Primary Weapon Ammo > 30% THEN 40MM is unusable'

They also need to slow down the amount of time it takes to draw another weapon and get out of vehicles or just increase the blast radius, currently it's "here's your 5 minute warning, your tank is on 0 hp, please leave before blows up"

Caporegime
What are people going on about the M60 for? Is it being patched or something?

I do wish people would explain what they mean for those of us that don't know about patch details etc.

Soldato
I had a quick go on hardcore last night and thought it was much better than playing normal.Although spotting doesn't seem to do anything on it!On normal an orange thing appears above their head when you spot somebody,on HC you spot somebody and bugger all happens:confused:

Caporegime
I had a quick go on hardcore last night and thought it was much better than playing normal.Although spotting doesn't seem to do anything on it!On normal an orange thing appears above their head when you spot somebody,on HC you spot somebody and bugger all happens:confused:

You don't get spotting on hardcore.

Associate
You don't get spotting on hardcore.

Wrong, you do get spots, If you spot someone in hardcore, they still get spotted and your guy shouts out "I think I see a sniper, They got a UAV" or whatever, and if someone kills the guy you spotted while he is spotted :p you get 20 point..

EVEN in Hardcore :p =)

Though personally I wish Spotting would still show in HC or at least with "Spotting sight" on Sniper...

Soldato
I hate using the back button to spot, works like 5% of the time, I do however love the spot perk on the snipe class. It works brilliantly and can give a HUGE advantage if you are hanging back whilst your team is in the heat of it.

ags

Associate
They also need to slow down the amount of time it takes to draw another weapon and get out of vehicles or just increase the blast radius, currently it's "here's your 5 minute warning, your tank is on 0 hp, please leave before blows up"

Yes, !!! I know right !! I think its okey with tanks, cause I kill with AT mines :p hehe but with the helicopters ... your helicopter gets hit by a CG and your heli health goes down to 0%, NOW your helicopter starts spinning for maybe 5 secs before it blows up and you die... I never get the kills with rockets anymore..

Sadface!!!

Back
Top Bottom