*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

When half to two thirds of both the attacking and defending team are at it, it sorta defeats the purpose of the game.

Depends on the skill of the players involved. If the attacking snipers were clearing out an entry for the rest of their team, that's a good tactic. If they're wildly trying to plant headshots and failing, then that's bad :(

Depends on the skill of the players involved. If the attacking snipers were clearing out an entry for the rest of their team, that's a good tactic. If they're wildly trying to plant headshots and failing, then that's bad :(

My problem is that if everyone is sniping it simply ruins the atmosphere of the game. No explosions other than mortor strikes. No CQB, no rockets, tanks, helis flying over you. All you have is a near silent, boring game, where every minute or so you end up getting shot by someone the behind a rock in the distance or you get a morter land on your head. Either than or they all bring the morter down onto your objective without even touching it, but they win it.

You can't actually get to them without being sniped, the only way to kill them is to be a sniper yourself.

It mainly ruins it when there's an attacking team doing nothing but sniping, especially on a stage when they have the only vehicles, like Isle Illacente? (sp lol), as they don't get killed very quickly and while they're guaranteed to lose, it still sucks to play in a game like that, it's people like them which mean my KD is so much lower than my W/L :(

I reckon the W/L Ratio should be way more emphasized, closer to a KD ratio in MW2, so that people care about it and actually PLAY THE GAME rather than sit at the back with a GOL on hardcore behind a rock...

My problem is that if everyone is sniping it simply ruins the atmosphere of the game. No explosions other than mortor strikes. No CQB, no rockets, tanks, helis flying over you. All you have is a near silent, boring game, where every minute or so you end up getting shot by someone the behind a rock in the distance or you get a morter land on your head. Either than or they all bring the morter down onto your objective without even touching it, but they win it.

You can't actually get to them without being sniped, the only way to kill them is to be a sniper yourself.

Never been in a game like that or felt snipers had greater influence than other classes. I was a bit worried on hearing they had mortar strikes but they don't seem all that effective either (based on the rare times I've killed by it while being in the middle of a strike). Good movement and use of cover - quite satisfying when you hear a bunch of missed sniper shots around you. A good sniper is deadly but I think the majority can't pull off a headshot if you zig zag around.

More good games last night - got gold star for XM8 and 5k points so switching to saiga for that gold star and so on. Really like those moments when the everyone on both teams has a mini battle at one point. Makes a nice change to sneaky sneaky skirmishes.

Nah the Mortar strike is nigh on useless without the Spec, and Tanks are way too overpowered this time around, on a hardcore Squad deathmatch the only way you can efficiently take out a tank team is by getting to the tank before anyone is there and planting C4 on it, and then you may as well take it.

I reckon the predator should be in the game, I don't think it is, but that was a good way of taking out vehicles because it still required you to hit the target and if the driver knew what he was doing he could avoid it or just get out.

I was checking the memory on my hard drive today and saw that i had a Bad Company 2 theme. I didn't buy it, it's not in my download history but i have no idea where it came from. It's the one where the vehicles are behind everyone on my friends list.

Did this come free with the limited edition? It's really annoying not knowing how i got it!

I was checking the memory on my hard drive today and saw that i had a Bad Company 2 theme. I didn't buy it, it's not in my download history but i have no idea where it came from. It's the one where the vehicles are behind everyone on my friends list.

Did this come free with the limited edition? It's really annoying not knowing how i got it!

yeah it came "free" with the VIP code.

Heh, finally got my account up :P =) been reading this thread since page 40 :P hehe..

ANYONE playing on XBOX 360, I need people which uses mics, I do not care if you suck, I just want to play with people as a squad, BF is not so fun without having some kind of tactics involved!!

:P

Add me if you on Xbox..

GT: NicoThePico
(add a short message plox :P)

PS: the stats site for BAD COMPANY 2 is up..
BFBCs.com

-Nico

Has anyone had any problems with their VIP code?

I pre-ordered the game and it was delivered the day before release. I've been busy so have only just got round to taking the shrink wrap off and trying the game out for the first time.

When i first clicked on multiplayer, it asked for the VIP code. I entered it and was told it could not be verified due to either typing it incorrectly or it has already been used.

I am not typing it incorrectly (just incase i was, i have tried every possible variation with caps, lower case, with hyphens/without etc). It also cannot have been used as it was in an unopened shrink wrapped pre-order!

It's driving me nuts :(

Back
Top Bottom