*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

Soldato
Which bugs in particular do BFBC2 and MW2 share? :confused:

Its hard to explain, but if you are shooting at an enemy, when then getting hit on by a third person, your bullets will stop tracking right, as in they dont hit the person you where initially shooting.

Its not a bug, sorry, just something in the engines I suppose.

Just little things, like you stop dead and cant run at time when you are hit from a bullet, stopping you from going to cover.

The knife is desperately slow to be of much use.

The weapons balance is abysmal, with once again, silence weapons being given comical power and range.

Spawning back into the game is very slow, whiats with the countdown every time.

Still, its speaks volumes when i find this a hell of a better experience than MW2 :p

Soldato
ever been shot ? i doubt youd be able to keep running

id argue that the knife is a perfect speed. not to fast and not to slow. plus it makes you feel like youve actually achieved something like knifing on an FPS should !

what do you mean by comical power and range ? why should a silenced weapon be half the power of an unsilenced one like on silly mw2

the spawning has to be like that otherwise you would just keep squad respawning and mowing down the player that just killed you

Soldato
Its hard to explain, but if you are shooting at an enemy, when then getting hit on by a third person, your bullets will stop tracking right, as in they dont hit the person you where initially shooting.

Its not a bug, sorry, just something in the engines I suppose.

Just little things, like you stop dead and cant run at time when you are hit from a bullet, stopping you from going to cover.

The knife is desperately slow to be of much use.

The weapons balance is abysmal, with once again, silence weapons being given comical power and range.

Spawning back into the game is very slow, whiats with the countdown every time.

Still, its speaks volumes when i find this a hell of a better experience than MW2 :p

I think you are still used to MW2 lol. The respawn countdown is probably the best thing.

Never had bullets stop me from running, sure, maybe a bit of camera wobble.

Me, chokka, kamikazi, vincent and a few others had a bloody good game last night, although when we had a party of 8 (more?) we couldnt find a game for ****, hopefully they will put the option up for large parties joining at one.

But overall, we won almost every session we played in and had great fun :D

ags

Caporegime
Those were some great games last night! I really enjoyed msyelf. Was highly amusing the antics involved to get us all in a game to start though, but when we did, my god it's probably the best MP action I've played since Team Fortress.

Nothing more satisfying than sniping people out of helicopters. And my first ever one being a fellow OcUk'er as well :D

Caporegime
In one game I managed to get 3 people, and the pilot, was very funny watching the chopper just drop into the water. I bet they wondered what the hell happened :D

I just said to Freshage as well that I bet I will never do it again, then bang! lol.

Associate
To get the VIP code right you need to put ALL the letter and signs... letters need to be big... and you need to remember " - " You need to have " - " between words, just like on the paper... lol hope I helped :p

Soldato
Those were some great games last night! I really enjoyed msyelf. Was highly amusing the antics involved to get us all in a game to start though, but when we did, my god it's probably the best MP action I've played since Team Fortress.

Nothing more satisfying than sniping people out of helicopters. And my first ever one being a fellow OcUk'er as well :D

Lol that was awesome. All I hear over the chat was "I've just been sniped out of a helicopter. Damnit, it was Konvict that did it as well!". We all had a good laugh about that. After that point you were both sniping the heli's down with great success.

We had some great games last night. It's just a pity that it was so tough to get all of us into a game at the same time. They really need to alter the matchmaking and game-finding system in the game, because at the moment there are a serious amount of options that are missing. Why does the server have to have a slot free when you want to add a friend to the squad, even when they're already on the server playing on your team? That's pure fail imho. And why can you only search for a game with four people? That's fail as well. I don't want to create a private match to play against friends, I want them all on my team damnit, and I want to be able to create the game lobby before we join the server, not have to invite people one-by-one as the server slots free up like I had to do last night to get everyone in. Aside from that, when we were all in it is an utterly fantastic game.

Soldato
There was problems last night as had a few games with only two of us playing a whole map so the other random person sent me a message saying "tank battle time" so thats what we did and just had a laugh

ps how do you open your parachute when jumping from a building

Last edited:
Soldato
I've only had 1 game with lag out of 14hrs play, it was rarely a problem on BFBC1 either.
I am still having fairly frequent disconnects though, which really does need to be sorted, it's been happening since the beta.

Soldato
OP
There was problems last night as had a few games with only two of us playing a whole map so the other random person sent me a message saying "tank battle time" so thats what we did and just had a laugh

ps how do you open your parachute when jumping from a building

Double tap "jump" it may be a single tap but I mash that sucker.

Associate
Clan Tag

The XBox crowd are starting to have some very good squads (I say good except when Mushii is driving a tank!). The question is can we use the OCUK clan tag on BC2 ? If we can I think that we should, because TBH as squads and teams go, we are kicking ass. Can we get an official response from a Mod on the use of OCUK clan tags.

Thanks

Mushii
'Driving Armour like his wife drives his car !'

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I wonder if one of you guys has figured out this;

I have more than 4 people on my friends list who have BC2. Yet we are limited to 4 in a squad. So when all of us are online, we can't all play together.

The only way around this is to join a server as a squad of 4 and hope there are enough places to invite our other friends, but then they can't see us on the map (as a squad memeber) or spawn on us etc.

Thats the main annoying point (bar the amount of recons on maps) that I've found with this game.

Associate
I wonder if one of you guys has figured out this;

I have more than 4 people on my friends list who have BC2. Yet we are limited to 4 in a squad. So when all of us are online, we can't all play together.

The only way around this is to join a server as a squad of 4 and hope there are enough places to invite our other friends, but then they can't see us on the map (as a squad memeber) or spawn on us etc.

Thats the main annoying point (bar the amount of recons on maps) that I've found with this game.

You cant play together, but you can start a party, so at least all of you can chat together. And if you have a decent recon amongst you, he can spot for you all.

As for recons you decribe, most are not, they are snipers. Recon is the guy who doesn't fire a single shot all round, but instead, selflessly spots for his team and squadmates. He gives verbal direction to his squad and provides fire missions as his squad calls them in. What you are seeing is lots of sad little 'lone wolf' snipers who spot jack-**** and are only interested in their little k/d. What is worse than having them on the oposing team, is having them on yours, as they provide little or no team input, they are waste of a player slot imho. The class you have to worry about are medics. A squad of 3 or 4 medics can wreak havoc in this game, more so than any other class.

Mushii
'Freezing his butt off, sitting on a lonely hilltop, spotting for his squad'

Associate
I got this originally for the PC but also picked it up on xbox. The PC version hasn't had a look in now - I just like the way it plays with the controller and on my big tv it looks great.

Had some good games last night - I pretty much always played engineer so I'm sticking with that atm. 2 of us in a tank ruled the map for almost the entire game (died once). Got lots of the little medals/awards (destroying 4+ tanks etc).

My KD isn't very good tbh but I just like the game play and I have fun which is the main thing (MW2 just stressed me too much). The only thing that I find annoying is the mortar strikes (I'm guessing thats what they are when you just get fire rained down on you big style).

I've also noticed on quick match games no1 seems to talk at all.

Caporegime
The XBox crowd are starting to have some very good squads (I say good except when Mushii is driving a tank!). The question is can we use the OCUK clan tag on BC2 ? If we can I think that we should, because TBH as squads and teams go, we are kicking ass. Can we get an official response from a Mod on the use of OCUK clan tags.

Thanks

Mushii
'Driving Armour like his wife drives his car !'

No need to ask. We've always used it in games.

For Bad Company 2, you can only use three letters/numbers anyway so it won't be 'OcUK'.

Back
Top Bottom