Votes: 481 33.4%
  • Hardcore Rush Mode

Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
I've spent the last 2 hrs trying to join any server in this game. Every single time I get a Punk Buster Init Failure kick after about 20 secs. It reports "PnkBstrB.Exe initialization failed". I updated to Win 7 on Tues and that seems to have caused the issue.

I am rly getting raged out by this. Was even about to email EA (lulz). I've tried every single solution put forward on forums. I was kicked out of Overclockers UK server too. I am close to giving up now. Never had this sort of experience in any PC game in 15 years of gaming. Sad thing is, I love the game!

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php ?

Aye, enjoyed the one game i had tonight, however don't think i got my gaming head on tonight... but TFU, you sure have some skills :) Good game guys...

EDIT: You can see how badly we got pwned... I'm the only one in my Team with a positive score...

2vrvkhz.jpg

Yeythe one time I lead the board over the R4M and somebody kindly post's the score. :D
Poor setter and Rjkoneill. :p
Maybe I should have been on the OcUK side? Also what 'appen to you, Evilsod DC'ing? You seemed to leave and come back a couple of times, OcUK needed some skill.
So frustrating coming from HC, it is like playing against A team of Michael Myers's.
Seemed fairly epic so many OcUK heads, in one game.

The best way I find new servers is to sort by the game type, then click on the server tab to put them into alphabetical order, then scroll down. But yeah, the search function doesn't work too well for me either - bit hit and miss.

Looks like the steam patch is finally out. I just found an actual solution to the pb problems I was having and will pass the link on so fellow OcUKers who might still be getting PB kicks can give this a go:

Try this...

1. Uninstall the Punkbuster Services from Add/Remove programs
2. Delete the "pb" directory from the Bad Company 2 Program Files
3. Download the latest PBSetup and PBSVC from Evenbalance
4. Install the latest PBSVC
5. Install the latest Punkbuster Files for BC2
6. In Run, type "services.msc" and find PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB
7. View the properties of each, under the Log On tab, check the "Allow the service to interact with the desktop."
8. Restart both services.

If in step 7 PnkBstrB isn't there, run the game, close it and check again.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1180094&page=2

Just bought this game (which I can't afford - but I just put together my new computer today so need something to go with it eh?) 10 minutes ago. It better be good! I was playing CS:S earlier on my normal server and other regulars were moaning that BC2 had taken quite a few of the regs already.
Was looking at the high res screenshot thread and it looks amazing!

Hopefully I can port over my CS:S 'skillz' and not embarrass myself too much...

Back
Top Bottom