Votes: 481 33.4%
  • Hardcore Rush Mode

Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
I put mine on 80 and the most noticeable thing is the speed, it runs around much faster now than it did in the beta, must admit to not trying the retail before adjusting it.

Gah, trying to pre-order this from the EA Store and I get a popup with "Before we can add Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition to your basket, please make the following selections:" but no dropdowns to pick the options from! :(

Worked earlier this night, but I held off buying until I knew what friends were getting.

My dload shoulda been done over an hour ago, but thanks to virgin media and their little gay cappaing gimmick ive an hour left...And even then its not guaranteed to work going by whats posted in this thread.

Just a heads up guys got my bad company from ea downloader installed everything was fine. had something 2 eat tried to log back in and it kept saying serial in use. so i tried to re activate the serial from ea downloader and it said disabled. so i made a phone call to ea support and they said its been disabled because the game should not be on till friday. the guy said he would reactivate my serial on friday on release date.
so if any1 here has had same problem u know why :( the guy said other ppl serials will be flagged and blocked before release date. :( God im ****ed off got to play for half hour then ARRHHHHHH.

Well the problem I had was I paid via paypal and I couldnt locate my serial using the order number thus could'nt get online.

I used the online 'Live' assistance via the EA account page and was promptly connected to 'Pogo Derek' who took a min to locate the serial and waited for me to test it, worked straight off and played all afternoon.!! What was more suprising was within a few seconds I received an email with the full chat log, excellent customer service from EA ! try it and gluck !

Apparently noob hill has been nerfed for the attackers on valdez, seen someone over at the beta forum saying that defenders can now get upto where the snipers were without a countdown timer kicking in.

Funny enough im near sure on the one game i was on earlier i seen some of my team up there for a pretty long time, just never caught onto what was going on.

Just a heads up guys got my bad company from ea downloader installed everything was fine. had something 2 eat tried to log back in and it kept saying serial in use. so i tried to re activate the serial from ea downloader and it said disabled. so i made a phone call to ea support and they said its been disabled because the game should not be on till friday. the guy said he would reactivate my serial on friday on release date.
so if any1 here has had same problem u know why :( the guy said other ppl serials will be flagged and blocked before release date. :( God im ****ed off got to play for half hour then ARRHHHHHH.

That's weird, I guess they're blocking the new CDkeys before they can bind them onto an e-mail to stop people doing it, the people who have already done it get to keep it I assume.

They should just release it now for everyone.

They should just release it now for everyone.

Thats what gets on my nerves about companies, they have to stick to the "almighty" release date come hell or high water. Half the damn planet could be playing the game and ea would sill shake their finger at stores wanting to get it on shelves.

Once the release is broken imo it should be a free for all.

I went into the setting.ini file and added fov=75 but nothings changed,

heres what my settings.ini file looks like:

[WindowSettings]
Width=1680
Height=1050
Fullscreen=true
RefreshRate=59.882999
VSync=false
fov=75
[Sound]
Quality=medium
VoipEnable=true
[Graphics]
Effects=medium
Soldiers=medium
Vehicles=medium
Overgrowth=medium
Undergrowth=medium
StaticObjects=medium
Terrain=medium
Shadows=medium
Bloom=true
HSAO=false
MSAA=1
Water=medium
MainQuality=medium
Texture=high
DxVersion=auto
Aniso=2
Detail=medium

Also what sound settings do you guys use, what the heck is War Tapes!?

Last edited:
Thats what gets on my nerves about companies, they have to stick to the "almighty" release date come hell or high water. Half the damn planet could be playing the game and ea would sill shake their finger at stores wanting to get it on shelves.

Once the release is broken imo it should be a free for all.

Indeed... its all the bull**** about digital releases getting the upperhand and stores like GAME getting whiny if it was released early on Steam or EA when they haven't got the shipment...

Hey,

I am feeling the need to buy a new gaming PC to play this game (amongst others) but wanted to know what makes this game different to MW2.

I have played MW2 so am aware of the ranking system and perks etc. Does BC2 have this? How much impact do the ingame vehicles have on gameplay? Can you play the game without stepping into a vehicle or do they control how the game is played?

I am a real Battlefield newbie, I have never played a battlefield game so want to know as much about the game mechanics before I make my decision.

Also I am struggling to find some good videos of multiplayer game play, there are loads of sniper montages (?) but none of actual close combat etc. Can you link me to any good ones as I want to see what the game play looks like outside of the trailers etc.

Back
Top Bottom