Votes: 481 33.4%
  • Hardcore Rush Mode

Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
Initial impressions im not that impressed with the finished product. It runs better but everyone looks like theyre running the 800 metres, tons of grenade launcher spam on the more open maps, snipers up every damn orifice they can be, in a lot of instances on conquest maps sniping people as they spawn.

Maybe its just a matter of getting to know the maps, at the minute though id take the beta and valdez of all thigs over some of what ive played so far =/

Yeah same feelings here. I just ended up going back to the beta map and just skilling up from there. Much easier on the brain :p

Can anyone explain how Dice manage to consistantly **** up server browsers in every game they put out?

It will either do one of the following

Fail to show pings nomatter how much you refresh
Give an inaccurate player count
Be ass slow
All of the above

And in the case of BC2 its all over the above without a doubt. I seriously don't get how a company can evolve its engine but somehow not manage to put together a server browser that works. Most other companies seem to manage it but not Dice for some reason.

Also pretty dissapointed about the layout of some of these maps, Atacama desert is nothing but a damn straight line. I was expecting something like an el-alemain layout for big desert battles but right now its helirape and thats your lot, and and we can't forget noob snipers hiding in your base to spawn rape.....

I feel pretty dissapointed so far, i dunno what it is but the gameplay is just annoying as hell in most maps, if you're not getting sniped by some noob when you spawn you're getting the crap spammed out of you with grenades. If its not that then the heli is raining death down on you with most of your team in the corner licking the wall. Enemies seem to get into bases with amazing ease in this....

I actually ran over a guy on a quad only to end up being stiffed by his rpg launching, forget the fact i had ran over him and was about 30 feet from where he was, he somehow lived, i died from a non existant rpg shot. :confused:

And for your amusement, this is dice's idea of bloom turned off ingame

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald.marley/random/bloomftw.jpg

Sunglasses anyone?

Last edited:
Can anyone explain how Dice manage to consistantly **** up server browsers in every game they put out?

It will either do one of the following

Fail to show pings nomatter how much you refresh
Give an inaccurate player count
Be ass slow
All of the above

And in the case of BC2 its all over the above without a doubt. I seriously don't get how a company can evolve its engine but somehow not manage to put together a server browser that works. Most other companies seem to manage it but not Dice for some reason.

Also pretty dissapointed about the layout of some of these maps, Atacama desert is nothing but a damn straight line. I was expecting something like an el-alemain layout for big desert battles but right now its helirape and thats your lot, and and we can't forget noob snipers hiding in your base to spawn rape.....

I feel pretty dissapointed so far, i dunno what it is but the gameplay is just annoying as hell in most maps, if you're not getting sniped by some noob when you spawn you're getting the crap spammed out of you with grenades. If its not that then the heli is raining death down on you with most of your team in the corner licking the wall. Enemies seem to get into bases with amazing ease in this....

I actually ran over a guy on a quad only to end up being stiffed by his rpg launching, forget the fact i had ran over him and was about 30 feet from where he was, he somehow lived, i died from a non existant rpg shot. :confused:

And for your amusement, this is dice's idea of bloom turned off ingame

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald.marley/random/bloomftw.jpg

Sunglasses anyone?

>< Sounds like this game could be shortlived... it proves it was a demo not a beta really. And that is 1 ****ed up image.

>< Sounds like this game could be shortlived... it proves it was a demo not a beta really. And that is 1 ****ed up image.

The bloom effect is totally insane, how this kind of thing gets past internal testing just boggles the mind. If you thought using the russian tank on valdez was annoying, you've not seen anything yet.

Then again it was the same group of internal testers that apparently thought rotating a tank turret shoul take several stupidly long mouse swipes and that helo's should handle like theyve got tapdancing hippos on board.

Some people are saying turn down brightness and up contrast to do away with this effect, not tried that yet. Simple fact is it shouldnt be so overwhelmingly extreme in the first place.

Its almost like the blooms a cheap substitute for the fog of war from previous bf games.

Last edited:
A short spoiler free summary on the SP.

Time played: Around 4 hours

Sound: Best thing since sliced bread. The sound is seriously good. Insanely good. Easily the best I've heard in a game. Guns are immensely satisfying to fire, gun fights sound awesome and the various environments sound exactly how you would expect them to sound should you be there. Take it from me, it's that good.

AI: I'm in two minds over this. Sometimes I would blow up an area and they would stand around completely disinterested, when at other times they would stalk me like lions stalk a gazelle. The squad AI is actually very good, they would kill 20-30% of a group of enemies and then leave you to pick of the rest. There is various parts in the game I needed them to save my ass and they did so. So in short, squad AI very able, enemy AI is a bit unstable (at times).

Graphics :Almost rank up there with Crysis, seriously. Draw distance is marvellous, character details are fantastic, smoke effects, destroyed buildings, environment and vehicles are just grand. My only major complaint is the bloom effect which will freaking blind you at times. It does get so bad at a certain point in the game (a car chase) that it becomes close to unplayable. I did try and fiddle with the settings but sadly it remains a major problem.

Difficulty : This will differ from person to person, and might irk all the FPS gods we have on this forum when I say the difficulty is somewhat ... difficult. If you don't play your games on the hardest setting, you're doing yourself an injustice. Hardest setting on this game would keep most people busy a long time and not quite allow you a run and gun game as doing so would kill you pretty quick. So, difficulty levels, perfect.

Gameplay: I like it. I like it a lot. Ever changing environments, innovate game play (one tiniest of spoiler ... fire to fire), various type missions and a sound overall story. This doesn't do anything brand new but what it does, it does well. I never felt like I had to play the same type environment twice after four hours in already. Again, I like it.

Story and Dialogue :The overall story, while not something never done before, is rather able. It make sense at all times and is acted out in a way that's easy to follow. Most of us that play these type of games don't care about the story and just like to blow **** up, but here you can't help to pay some attention to it.
The game dialogue between your squad is awesome. Slagging each other off, a lot of swearing, heaps of sarcasm and irony and a healthy amount of disrespect for authority. They act and talk exactly what I expect these squads to talk like. You would love it.

Overall verdict : a solid 8/10 for the single player.

I'm not a professional game reviewer so cut me some slack. I just quickly threw this together since there's already a lot of negativity surrounding this game with the majority of people not having even played it.

Tried different browsers or a different PC?

Ff, Chrome and IE8. Three different machines. Even tried on my iPhone over 3G!

I get as far as the grey popup, asking for my location and distribution type (download), but there are no dropdowns for me to use. They were there earlier yesterday evening, but aren't there anymore :(

Going to try at work in a bit, but it's very odd.

Hey,

I am feeling the need to buy a new gaming PC to play this game (amongst others) but wanted to know what makes this game different to MW2.

I have played MW2 so am aware of the ranking system and perks etc. Does BC2 have this? How much impact do the ingame vehicles have on gameplay? Can you play the game without stepping into a vehicle or do they control how the game is played?

I am a real Battlefield newbie, I have never played a battlefield game so want to know as much about the game mechanics before I make my decision.

Also I am struggling to find some good videos of multiplayer game play, there are loads of sniper montages (?) but none of actual close combat etc. Can you link me to any good ones as I want to see what the game play looks like outside of the trailers etc.

Anyone?

Ff, Chrome and IE8. Three different machines. Even tried on my iPhone over 3G!

I get as far as the grey popup, asking for my location and distribution type (download), but there are no dropdowns for me to use. They were there earlier yesterday evening, but aren't there anymore :(

Going to try at work in a bit, but it's very odd.

Happening for me and 2 other people, I've given up and ordered off game

Last edited:
A short spoiler free summary on the SP.

Time played: Around 4 hours

Sound: Best thing since sliced bread. The sound is seriously good. Insanely good. Easily the best I've heard in a game. Guns are immensely satisfying to fire, gun fights sound awesome and the various environments sound exactly how you would expect them to sound should you be there. Take it from me, it's that good.

AI: I'm in two minds over this. Sometimes I would blow up an area and they would stand around completely disinterested, when at other times they would stalk me like lions stalk a gazelle. The squad AI is actually very good, they would kill 20-30% of a group of enemies and then leave you to pick of the rest. There is various parts in the game I needed them to save my ass and they did so. So in short, squad AI very able, enemy AI is a bit unstable (at times).

Graphics :Almost rank up there with Crysis, seriously. Draw distance is marvellous, character details are fantastic, smoke effects, destroyed buildings, environment and vehicles are just grand. My only major complaint is the bloom effect which will freaking blind you at times. It does get so bad at a certain point in the game (a car chase) that it becomes close to unplayable. I did try and fiddle with the settings but sadly it remains a major problem.

Difficulty : This will differ from person to person, and might irk all the FPS gods we have on this forum when I say the difficulty is somewhat ... difficult. If you don't play your games on the hardest setting, you're doing yourself an injustice. Hardest setting on this game would keep most people busy a long time and not quite allow you a run and gun game as doing so would kill you pretty quick. So, difficulty levels, perfect.

Gameplay: I like it. I like it a lot. Ever changing environments, innovate game play (one tiniest of spoiler ... fire to fire), various type missions and a sound overall story. This doesn't do anything brand new but what it does, it does well. I never felt like I had to play the same type environment twice after four hours in already. Again, I like it.

Story and Dialogue :The overall story, while not something never done before, is rather able. It make sense at all times and is acted out in a way that's easy to follow. Most of us that play these type of games don't care about the story and just like to blow **** up, but here you can't help to pay some attention to it.
The game dialogue between your squad is awesome. Slagging each other off, a lot of swearing, heaps of sarcasm and irony and a healthy amount of disrespect for authority. They act and talk exactly what I expect these squads to talk like. You would love it.

Overall verdict : a solid 8/10 for the single player.

I'm not a professional game reviewer so cut me some slack. I just quickly threw this together since there's already a lot of negativity surrounding this game with the majority of people not having even played it.

I liked that, nice summary!

Back
Top Bottom