Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has come up before, massive thread and I've read the start pages but can't really find some real meaty game description, so I'm gonna ask a few questions if anyone doesn't mind answering:

1) Is this game any good? - I enjoyed BF2 a lot. Didn't like the expansions much and never played 2012. Is it similar?

2) Is it like BF2 in the fact that there is a lot of variety? I was fond of the vehicles and "Urban" maps in BF2 but not such a fan of the big open area maps with loads of planes and the like...annoyed me. Give me Strike at Karkand, etc, any day :D

3) What sort of system does it take to run this well? I got 4GB RAM, [email protected] and a ATI 4890.

4) What are the main differences between this game and BF2? Are the game mechanics roughly the same? I'm thinking in terms of Squads, The Commander Role, etc?

5) Dedicated servers available? I guess its predominantly MP based like the others?

6) Any other cool stuff to share?

Sorry for the open and probably obvious questions, just want to get an idea of it all from people who I know and play the game. I'm going to have a read up and see what else I can find!

Cheers!

Soldato
I was getting a CTD problem last night, It would start to join a game go through the loading screen and as soon as the Kit Select/Spawn menu appeared it crashes to desktop with no error message.

Is this a known problem?

Soldato
Gotta love game.co.uk, mine has landed :)

Yep another vote for game frome me. I ordered my copy on Tuesday and it arrived today.

Early thoughts are good. I played a quick 10 mins and im liking what i see. With my old rig ([email protected], GTS 8800 640mg, 4Gb Ram) with setting on medium/high i get a constant 40fps whish is nice.

Im off work today but i have a 3 year old to entertain until he goes home around 7 ish. Roll on 7pm indeed...

Soldato
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has come up before, massive thread and I've read the start pages but can't really find some real meaty game description, so I'm gonna ask a few questions if anyone doesn't mind answering:

1) Is this game any good? - I enjoyed BF2 a lot. Didn't like the expansions much and never played 2012. Is it similar?

It's very battlefield - squad play is still key but there is a the occasion where you can take down entire squads if you're good/lucky enough. You'll like it if you liked BF1942/BF2/BF2142.
2) Is it like BF2 in the fact that there is a lot of variety? I was fond of the vehicles and "Urban" maps in BF2 but not such a fan of the big open area maps with loads of planes and the like...annoyed me. Give me Strike at Karkand, etc, any day :D

No IO mode yet, but here's hoping!

3) What sort of system does it take to run this well? I got 4GB RAM, [email protected] and a ATI 4890.

Similar to my spec when playing beta (recently upgraded) Should be fine on high + ~2/4x AA.
4) What are the main differences between this game and BF2? Are the game mechanics roughly the same? I'm thinking in terms of Squads, The Commander Role, etc?

See #1, yeah same thing. No commander though.

5) Dedicated servers available? I guess its predominantly MP based like the others?

Yarp

Tracer darts + attach to people = lol.

Soldato

There are differences, and it may take a few hours to get used it to, but I LOVED BF2 and played it a huge amount, and I would say BFBC2, at least on initial impressions, is on par with, and in a lot of cases exceeds BF2. The infantry combat is SO much better.

There is plenty of variety, loads of weapon and gadget unlocks to go through. No planes, but there are still choppers, tanks, APCs, quad bikes, jet skis, cars, etc.

One thing I was thinking about, is that there seems to be a lack of proper 'city' maps. I haven't really seen anything which reminds me of Strike at Karkland style city maps, which is a shame. I haven't played Rush mode though so there may be some in there.

You'll be fine. I have:

E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
4Gb Ram
ATI 4870

I can run 1680x1050, all high, with AA and AF and it is smooth with minor slow down to about 40FPS at times. I actually use medium settings though as I prefer higher AA and more solid FPS at a constant 50-60+

There are squads, but no squad leader, you can spawn on anyone in the squad.

No commander. But there are player controlled UAVs and stuff.

Only 4 classes, Assault, Medic, Recon and Engineer. With more options for choice of weaponry across classes so you can kind of mix and match.

Yes, there are dedicated servers. The SP is actually pretty good though.

Destruction is awesome. Accuracy of guns is perfect (better than BF2, worse than MW2, the perfect balance), bullet damage is now spot on.

It is just awesome.

Soldato
The infantry combat is SO much better.

No planes

Accuracy of guns is perfect (better than BF2, worse than MW2, the perfect balance), bullet damage is now spot on.

It is just awesome.

That sounds really promising. The main bits about infantry combat and no planes and everything else sounds excellent.

I can live with no Commander role, kind of sucked in BF2 when no one would do it who was decent and you had to jump into the role to help the team along.

Ok so I'm going to research more but I think you guys might be selling it to me :)

Where at the moment is the best place to purchase it from, be it online or in a store?

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine was posted yesterday from play....postman has been and gone :mad:

Last time I'll use play.

I looked at my order history with them a while ago. I had 3 orders i cancelled because they didnt arrive on time,

This is the 3rd time i have used Game, every time the games have arrived on Thursday.

I would love to say your not missing out on much.......but you are. Although i cant play until 7 tonight.

This game will define whether i keep my rig or not. I said to my missus last night, "if this game is **** im going to sell my pc". Although its not worth much, we could do with a few hundred quid. Problem is, BFMC2 is looking bloody good. I may not sell it now, much to her disgust :D

Soldato
So with this online verification thing, are you only allowed to install it 10 times then it becomes invalid?

I have my main rig (sig), Macbook (bootcamp) and a HTPC (gaming spec) I obviously wouldn't play it on all 3 at the same time but it is quite possible that through upgrades and OS reinstalls i could use up 10 installs in a year or two. Also what about if you have to re-install the game a few times because of bugs etc. will you have to buy another copy?

I wish all devs would just use steam..

Good news folk are receiving there copies from Game, wish mine would hurry up!

Man of Honour
That sounds really promising. The main bits about infantry combat and no planes but everything else sounds excellent.

I can live with no Commander role, kind of sucked in BF2 when no one would do it who was decent and you had to jump into the role to help the team along.

Ok so I'm going to research more but I think you guys might be selling it to me :)

Where at the moment is the best place to purchase it from, be it online or in a store?

Assuming you can still get it from the eastore, go that route.

Cokezone code + 25% off voucher and you can get it for £20 :)

Btw, this is the most fun I've had since the very early days of L4D...you should def buy it :p

Soldato
Assuming you can still get it from the eastore, go that route.

Cokezone code + 25% off voucher and you can get it for £20 :)

Btw, this is the most fun I've had since the very early days of L4D...you should def buy it :p

Well dude I have a £25 voucher from my Birthday for the Rain Forrest store, and that is the price so I got a free copy that way.

However, there is a GAME in town and I wonder what price they have it for if you go in and buy it. It says £24.99 on the website but not sure if that's the store price.

Weigh it up with how much do I want to take it home today for and can I wait until tomorrow. If the store locally has it for £25 I'll just buy it. If it's more I'll try and do next day delivery!

Sounds like it is going to be good though, I can feel myself getting wet from reading the thread and catching up/asking questions.

Associate
I looked at my order history with them a while ago. I had 3 orders i cancelled because they didnt arrive on time,

This is the 3rd time i have used Game, every time the games have arrived on Thursday.

I would love to say your not missing out on much.......but you are. Although i cant play until 7 tonight.

This game will define whether i keep my rig or not. I said to my missus last night, "if this game is **** im going to sell my pc". Although its not worth much, we could do with a few hundred quid. Problem is, BFMC2 is looking bloody good. I may not sell it now, much to her disgust :D

Too be quite honest.. I'm not really fussed, because... I have builders here at my house, and are retiling my games room tomorrow. Plus, I'm waiting for my crucial C300 SSD to arrive tomorrow as well, for a 2k new build which I'm starting saturday. I wished BC2 was released next week. :(

Soldato
I saw someone last night was rank 17 or something ridiculous. I'm only 4 (nearly 5) and I've played a fair few hours over the last 2 nights.

I'm almost 11 and I didn't even play it much yesterday because of a house party... in fact I probably lost points!

People who stay back to pad their KD ratio will level far less than people who do the objectives and kill the vehicles etc, not saying you do but when I blow stuff up it tends to gief lots more points then just staying at the back like a newb.

The longer you play, it becomes easier anyway, there is so many 5000 point medals and such for guns, efficiency etc

Back
Top Bottom