Official Crysis Demo thread

Soldato
How is it being selfish? I don't see anybody revealing the plot, mainly people are talking about performance. :rolleyes:

It's being selfish because it's the likes of you who get threads closed. I couldn't care less what you get up to, but why are you so keen to show us all that you can get games before other people? If you're not then why not happily play your game, wait until the real launch date and then post?

Permabanned
It's being selfish because it's the likes of you who get threads closed. I couldn't care less what you get up to, but why are you so keen to show us all that you can get games before other people? If you're not then why not happily play your game, wait until the real launch date and then post?
I'm not keen to show it off, I thought people would be interested to see how the full game ran and if it looked any different.

Amazing, really.

Associate
The performance of the retail is worse then the demo for me it seems. I play COD4 at 2560x1600 8xaa 16xaf and everything on max and get 70 to 140fps.

I play crysis at 1600x1200 no af no aa everything on very high except shaders, shadows on high and 15 to 30fps depending on whats going on.

SLI is not supported at all. SO time to wait for new drivers or a patch or TRI SLI 9800's since this game is soo demanding.

Soldato
So what? One screenshot to show the release wasn't a fake.

Pull the stick out of your arse.

So what? You just said it wasn't a big deal yet you jump straight on here and post 'proof' you have downloaded a game. You're chasing kudos, and that's a fact.

There is no stick thank you. If your posts didn't lead towards an otherwise good thread being deleted i wouldn't be posting this.

I'd rather see a thread run its course than see you post in it.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I think I might be getting bored!

Hmm let's hope Assault mission is better, so much waking from point A to Point B I'm finding - I know it has a nanosuit but I'm actually enjoying GoW a wee bit more I think (it looks more gritty-futuristic too) :O

Well at least this way if I don't enjoy the game then once the pre-order arrives I can immediately sell it as unopened and new and then buy it again in maybe a years time when hardware is available and then replay it using Awesome gfx settings (settings above very high)

Soldato
What settings and res? That bit dipped to the 18-20 area for me. :o

Everything on "High", I did have the DX10 CFG file hacks to make it "Very high" but i removed them to run vanilla DX9 to get a +10fps gain.

1280x1024. Its been consistently smooth so far, no matter how much is going on! :D

Edit: oh yeah, and no AA, can't see a need for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Theres something really fubar with this game:
When in a firefight with some soldiers & some buildings around etc. I get 22fps with the graphics at v-high + 8xAA AND also 25fps with all settings at LOW no AA, whilst all the time my quadcore has 1 core at 40% & the other 3 cores doing virtually nothing + the PC power consumption is the same as Vista idling (using power monitor).
They expect you to pay for something so seriously flawed that it cant be played on a high-end rig at a low resolution 1360x768 with the lowest settings in the game?
Like a patch on release date is going to fix this when they've had years!
All at LOW does not look as good as Farcry either.
Even 2 next gen 9800 cards could not play this game at >30fps.
Would you buy a car that had a top speed of 20mph because the engine was so badly designed?
No doubt someone will say mine runs smooth at 1280 high bla bla, but trying to target an enemy at 20fps is not playable & therefore the game is faulty.
I want to buy this game & play it but because they cant program as well as the guys who made the UT3 engine (which uses 4 cores at 90%) I cant.
Oh but run it in XP I hear you say, duur what? this is 2007 & DirectX10 cards have been released for a year & Bill has blackmailed everyone into buying Vista as its got DX10!

Last edited:
Soldato
They expect you to pay for something so seriously flawed that it cant be played on a high-end rig at a low resolution 1360x768 with the lowest settings in the game?
:confused:

I can run All High at 1650x1080 on a Stock BFG 8800GT and C2D at 2.8Ghz and get about 25-35 FPS.

:confused:

Yes they could.

Last edited:
Suspended
After messing around with the normal settings and the CCC settings i have come it with the best ones that looks nice and give a very playable fps. For all the people who are not rich (or stupid) enough to own 8gb of ram, a gtx and god knows what else here are the settings im using on the following system.

X2 [email protected]
X1800XT@stock
2gb gskill

Standard in game settings, 1280x720, no AA
Crysis2007-11-1219-43-51-09.jpg

Crysis2007-11-1220-14-06-18.jpg

This means i no longer have to get a new 8800GT (which i cant afford anyway) and can play it whilst it still looks nice enough

I found that ccc on medium gave lower fps, the shadows looks rather crappy and objects popped up out of nowhere

Soldato
Theres something really fubar with this game:
When in a firefight with some soldiers & some buildings around etc. I get 22fps with the graphics at v-high + 8xAA AND also 25fps with all settings at LOW no AA, whilst all the time my quadcore has 1 core at 40% & the other 3 cores doing virtually nothing + the PC power consumption is the same as Vista idling (using power monitor).
Like a patch on release date is going to fix this when they've had years!
All at LOW does not look as good as Farcry either.
Would you buy a car that had a top speed of 20mph because the engine was so badly designed?
No doubt someone will say mine runs smooth at 1280 high bla bla, but trying to target an enemy at 20fps is not playable & therefore the game is faulty.
I want to buy this game & play it but because they cant program as well as the guys who made the UT3 engine (which uses 4 cores at 90%) I cant.
Oh but run it in XP I hear you say, duur what? this is 2007 & DirectX10 cards have been released for a year & Bill has blackmailed everyone into buying Vista as its got DX10!

Ever thought it might be GPU limited and not CPU limited.. !

Back
Top Bottom