1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** Official Days Gone Thread **

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Fr0dders, Jun 15, 2016.

1. ps3ud0

Caporegime

Please expand - I just dont see any mechanics thats unique to TLoU, more that it polishes them

EDIT: Actually dont bother - so OT...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. Fr0dders

Caporegime

I don't think its mechanics

Its more about art style. Its as if the art team for each game all had screenshots of the last of us on their mood boards in the design office.

That in itself is no bad thing. The last of us looked brilliant.

3. FTM

Soldato

damn this looks my sort of game...the sheer amount of zombies is thrilling and overwhelming

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  4. Jono

Man of Honour

I guess i need to get a ps4

5. Scort

Mobster

Hmmmm, mixed reactions for me, watching this video.

Whilst I LOVE apocalyptic/zombie type games, and still consider TLOU as my best game to date, this video left me a little cold towards the game.

The guy burning through 100s of assault rifle rounds... sure it could have been done to make the demo more interesting, and the end result might be that ammo isn't this plentiful, but as a taster I didn't like that aspect. It took away a great deal of both survival and horror for me.

In TLOU, getting a firearm and using it, felt 'special' (I guess that's a way of putting it); as you actually felt like using that shot really mattered, as ammo was a bit of a commodity - so the act of using say the shotgun or pistol on someone was something planned and executed. Though by the end of TLOU, you are kinda armed to the teeth somewhat.

I appreciate that they are both completely different scenarios - this being open-world (I think) and TLOU being a bit more 'on the rails', so the former will naturally present more foes to dispatch; necessitating the extra ammo. But I can't help but think that in a horde rush like shown, better use of escape and evasion could have made the experience much more thrilling and rewarding; being able to maybe hide, barricade yourself, whilst the horde relocate or calm down (maybe have loud sound startle them?) - allowing you to creep off with only a few dramas. This leads me onto the horde itself:

They seemed a little too psychic for my liking - a couple of times I'm sure he's broken line of sight, but they just keep flowing along in their big ol' zombie train. Again, I admit that this could have also been done just for the wow factor of the demo - and certainly the number on screen is very impressive; but it just became tedious to watch. Maybe they're not zombies, and do have a measure of intellect left - hence why they are able to keep up with the player... it just didn't look enjoyable to me personally.

Jumping back to horde evasion, I think it would add a nice dynamic to the game - leading to a more planned/cautious play style; allowing you to scope out a potential site, make plans for if it goes wrong? Maybe in the area they showed you could set yourself up a location to fall back to - prep it before venturing further to explore the entire area, lay a few trap - barricade windows/doors etc?

Here's hoping that it's not as bad as this nay-sayer thinks!

6. McBain

Capodecina

Liking the look of this.

7. DAIR

Sgarrista

I think it looks like TLOU... Graphically. So much so I actually thought it was TLOU at first.

8. Kobi

Wise Guy

Yeah I agree. They all look they same, but all look to play different. Deffo not a bad thing. I'll wait till the slim comes out before I dip into the PS life again.

9. Mr.Cookie

Wise Guy

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  10. Noxia

Soldato

ignore, yeah it looks good that, hadn't heard of previously.

11. Fr0dders

Caporegime

Should be a PS4 exclusive worth waiting for. Definitely want to hear more from the developer on this !

12. slick rick

Mobster

This does look very good. Is it a single player experience? Looks like it would be great fun co-op!

13. Fr0dders

Caporegime

No co-op or multiplayer :(

14. slick rick

Mobster

Ah that is a bit of a shame. Still I will certainly keep an eye on this as it looks like it could be my sort of game.

Thanks for the reply. :)

15. Mr.Cookie

Wise Guy

apologies frodders i did sēarch to see if anyone had posted but "days" and "gone" bought up loads all seemingly unrelated :)

16. kmetek

Soldato

those killings too unrealistic, i hope they fix that.

17. Davey_Pitch

Man of Honour

What do you mean? It's a zombie game, realism isn't exactly a prime concern.

18. DAIR

Sgarrista

Didn't you know kmetek kills zombies over the weekends.

19. ree

Wise Guy

game looks great will deffo be getting it whenever it comes out. shame there is no co op.

20. kmetek

Soldato

i want anyway some realism aka THE LAST OF US.