*** Official DCS World Thread ***

Caporegime
ED had a poll on their forums for features people wanted
TOP voted by customers was a Dynamic campaign generator for DCS World
so we could have a great selection of missions to play

ED said NO,....... but why if thats what customers wanted ???

Simples, they have decided to release loads of DLC campaigns instead and
charge for them

Aint no $$$ in making the Dynamic campaign generator, better to DLC the
missions instead

Oh and the best part ........ ED screw up the game engine every few weeks and it makes the campaigns unplayable , oh the lols
eg you cannot play the gazelle campaign at the moment, first mission fails before you even get off the desk .. another heli lands
on top of you
You do appreciate the work that needs to go into a dynamic campaign, don't you? It's more than just clicking a "make dynamic campaign generator" button.

Soldato
OP
Yes I am pretty well aquainted with software development,
but why bother having a poll if you are going to ignore the results?
People have been asking for a dynamic campaign gen for years on their forums

But like I said, more money to be made in milking the customer for DLC campaign after campaign

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Starting to get the hang on editing my own missions now. Really cool to be able to add a carrier and frigate into a location to practice helicopter landings on.

Soldato
OP
Starting to get the hang on editing my own missions now. Really cool to be able to add a carrier and frigate into a location to practice helicopter landings on.

Carriers are ok to land on (pretty big)

Oil rig landing platform is a bit harder

Hardest is to land on frigate that is moving

go to multiplayer and check out the havoc-company DCS world server , we run a training server to let you practise such things

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Oil rig is a regular now for me to try to learn to be smooth.
The frigate is harder as the pad is even smaller. Haven't set the frigate moving yet. Maybe I'll add a couple at different speeds.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Finally got around to learning the startup procedure on the Spit. Actually rather easy in the end, though take off certainly isn't the piece of cake you might expect. All the same, very atmospheric.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Normandy map released today, along with the 2.1 update. Just downloading right now. Can't wait to fly my Spit over Caen, though I think I'll have a ganders around Merville in the Huey first.
So loving this "game".

Last edited:
Soldato
I started to loose interest after DLC after DLC was released

I loved A10 - and they days of it being one aircraft

but when I bought the P-51 in the sales etc - it confirmed my fears that sometimes the DLC just does not "fit" - ie there now seems a real miss-mash of eras of aircraft, vehicles, ships etc - am I wrong ?

when I bought the P-51D - there seemed to me practically nothing really to do with it - as an example - flight model fantastic - but ultimately boring when not a lot to do

Soldato
Fundamentally there are two eras in DCS - modern and WW2. A-10 was no better fit than Ka-50, or Mi-8, or F15/su27/su25 etc, because they are all part of that modern air combat era.
P-51 (Dora, bf109, Spit) was certainly more out of place, DCS was more of an airshow sim and had to be treated as such. But now, with the release of Normandy, it seems that WW2 birds are as fully integrated as anything in DCS. I still prefer IL2:Stalingrad for WW2 air combat, but we'll see what happens from now on :)

Having said that, A-10C and Ka-50 are what I associate DCS with as well, spent a lot of time in them and it was memorable stuff. Not just the flight dynamics and such, but the voiced over campaigns and missions that were pretty spot on.

Back
Top Bottom