Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

shrek2 said:
Anyone know where I can get an sli bridge for my ultra-d?

Any place that sells them is liekly to be a competitor so I can't say, but I can tell that I've not seen any for sale in the UK, only in Holland (I think - it was in some foreign language I couldn't read) and Japan. You'll have to google for it.

I was looking at getting one of these myself, as I'm tempted to get a couple of 7900GTs if the rumours are true (under £200 & 24 pipes) and are good clockers.

Quick question - when using CPU-Z, is it normal for the "core speed" and "HTT" clocks on the CPU page to constantly fluctuate up and down? We're talking 0.1 to 1MHz jumps every two seconds or so.

Thanks. :)

I got my opteron @ 2.65 with stock volts prime stable for 14 hours, but cannot get it stable any higher, even with 1.550 Volts. I'm using an Ultra-d and 1gb of geil value ram @220mhz. Any ideas?

what bios? found going from stock to a newer one helped a lot. then 702 2bta was better still (especially for ram)

it might be what your chip can handle tho. for mine, i just dropped the ram on the lowerst multi i could find and give it the slackest timings and see what my Chip goes to

worry about the ram later :)

Hey,

Just a quick question about the Ultra-D. What exactly do the SLi jumpers on this board do? What are the default speeds of both slots when the jumpers are set up and when they are set down?

I know the cut bridge SLi fix thing has been stomped on by nVidia, but there is a possible new software chipset hack here. Just wondering if owners of new Ultra-D boards can set the slots up as 8x/8x and somehow use this patch...

Cheers,

Suman

tomos said:
what bios? found going from stock to a newer one helped a lot. then 702 2bta was better still (especially for ram)

it might be what your chip can handle tho. for mine, i just dropped the ram on the lowerst multi i could find and give it the slackest timings and see what my Chip goes to

worry about the ram later :)

I'm using the 702 2bta bios of that guys cd. i've cancelled the ram out of the picture by sticking a lower divider n running it at 180, with looser timings. Just seems weird that the cpu can get to 2.65 on 1.360v and no more with volts.

you should deff be able to up it a bit more with more volts. altho there is an upper limit of course.

could it be the memory controller on the CPU itself?

tuckenator said:
I'm using the 702 2bta bios of that guys cd. i've cancelled the ram out of the picture by sticking a lower divider n running it at 180, with looser timings. Just seems weird that the cpu can get to 2.65 on 1.360v and no more with volts.
Did you lower the HTT multiplier to 3x instead of the default 5x ??

Ok, my fsb cannot seem to go over 270, its bootable at 270 but fails Prime after 4 mins, and anything over 270 does not boot, i even got an error saying that windows had become corrupted. press -r to repair etc.That was when i tried 280 x 9 . Any ideas?

not in SLI of course but afaik you can run 2 cards for multi monitor setups. not sure which is the primary one by default but i would assume the 1st slot

tuckenator said:
Ok, my fsb cannot seem to go over 270, its bootable at 270 but fails Prime after 4 mins, and anything over 270 does not boot, i even got an error saying that windows had become corrupted. press -r to repair etc.That was when i tried 280 x 9 . Any ideas?
Do you have a SATA harddisk?
If you do, do not use ports one or two as they are not locked, use three or four instead.

Dutch Guy said:
Do you have a SATA harddisk?
If you do, do not use ports one or two as they are not locked, use three or four instead.
Doesn't work like that on the nF4 chipset - all are locked Dutch :). Only the nF3 chipset is affected with that.

Back
Top Bottom