Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Can someone post a picture of where the PWMIC chip is and cirlce it please? I bought a VGA Memory sink and some epoxy to sink the PWMIC. Im sure I know which one it is but meh, want to double check before I go thermal epoxy crazy.

pwmic.jpg

Have you tried the keyboard plugged in a USB port marinecommando?

Should take you into the BIOS if you press and hold the Delete key on the splash screen. The RAID BIOS screen is the screen that comes up after the post screen.

Jokester

With the splash screen on, you won't see the post screen, you need to turn it off in the BIOS (not that that helps at the moment). After the splash or post screen you'll get the RAID controller BIOS screens.

Does your keyboard work at other times (in Windows etc)?

Jokester

hey all - just been tryign again.

since the bios update: no splash screen.

So i boot the pc and i get the normally gubbins - processor type, memory and disks etc.

Two options at the bottom - esc to choose boot device and del for bios.

have tried del both using straight usb and throught the ps2 connector and it takes me to the nvidia raid bios as it has done before. have tried bashing repeatedly so the machines beeps back at me and have tried holding it in - same thing :(

Keyboard is definetly working in windows (cos im using it at the moment ).

In all other respects the machine is working fine, but the inability to get into the bios is a bit annoying because this was gong to be my first attempt at overclocking. *edited to something resembling english :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mekrel said:
Thanks Jokester, I thought it was that chip - do you think sinking it will be a good idea?

I would only consider it if I was running an overclocked dual core as that's the only time I've seen mine get hot. They're supposedly good for 100C and I've certainly ran prolonged stability tests at 80-90C without problems.

Jokester

Is 1.47v safe for a dualcore? Thats what i've set in the BIOS to reach 2697mhz and i need to go a little higher on the voltage to get 2.8ghz.

Although Everest and CPUZ are saying my voltage is at 1.42v. It also says that in the BIOS even though i set it to 1.47. What should i believe? I'm on water cooling and my CPU never goes over 41c, so is it ok to turn the voltage up more slightly?

Last edited:
MR.B said:
Is 1.47v safe for a dualcore? Thats what i've set in the BIOS to reach 2697mhz and i need to go a little higher on the voltage to get 2.8ghz.

Although Everest and CPUZ are saying my voltage is at 1.42v. It also says that in the BIOS even though i set it to 1.47. What should i believe? I'm on water cooling and my CPU never goes over 41c, so is it ok to turn the voltage up more slightly?
Fine, mine runs 1.49v 24/7 2.8ghz :). Then again, I'm on water and dual prime is only 42C.

anything over stock will have an effect on the chip afaik. obviously the more V the more the effect. mine is on 1.55 at the mo and no more than 37C under full load.

heat and voltage affects the chip in the end but i would just not go nuts and you should be ok. make sure temps dont hit 60C's and 1.6 for Vcore unless under phase. maybe 1.7 under phase at the most

MR.B said:

if the bios is reporting 1.42 vcore I would be inclined to believe that more than the value set. usually undervolted for safety reasons.
if your temps never go over 41c you have plenty of headroom, my cpu max's out at 52-54C with just 1.4volts on this rubbish zalman cooler so I'm stuck at 2.8ghz

Thanks everyone :)

Smids, what are your BIOS settings to get that overclock?

I upped the voltage and it was reporting 1.48v but when i run at 11x246 (2.7ghz) it's still not enough, 3Dmark06 always locks up...
And to run stable at 2.6ghz i only need 1.39v so it's quite an increase in voltage and it's still not stable..

I tried setting the RAM to run at 166mhz, tried 3x HT aswell, but no luck. Anything else i can try?

Back
Top Bottom