Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

i want to start controlling the speed my fans run at via the mobo (speedfan wont control them for some reason). is it just a case of selecting rpm at a certain temp or what?

right now my delta runs @ 4200rpm and the 4400+X2 i have runs at 27C.

is it poss to run full speed at 50C and drop the rpm at increments of 5c?

w3bbo said:
Yes, it will give you more overclocking headroom without having to run the memory on a divider.

Well I got paid much more than I expected which is always good :p I got the G.Skill ZX & X-Fi Music ontop of my curent items as a result of this.

Hesky82 said:
either sets will work well, the XMS3200's has nice tight latencies and can keep them pretty tight when upping the fsb. running dividers really doesn’t hurt performance with these a64 systems. just get the most out of you ram and cpu, if to do that means running on a divider so be it.
hey, you might end up with a monster overclocking 3700+ if yours is from the kab3e batch.

Without sounding like a n00b is there anyway to see the stepping apart from taking the CPU chip apart, i.e CPUZ?

Last edited:
nice. wonder what improvements it has :)

side note:

how do you get SMART info via the silicon image sata ports? have drives on there but no info but my raptors give the info fine on the NF4 ports :confused:

Friend of mine bought the DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D board for his PC which I helped him to build, all went well, nice and fast with an AMD64 4000+, 2GB GeIL, BFG 7800GT, Enermax 370W PSU. Ran 3D Mark 05 and got 7k.

We didn't have a lot of time so we only managed to get it built + all drivers installed and a single run of 3D Mark done before I had to go.

Been speaking to him on MSN tonight and he says he's getting no audio.

Using the onboard sound on the mobo, the module is correctly inserted, drivers are installed and when he plays audio the nVidia panel shows the audio is playing on the display. Problem is, nothing comes out the ports on the back. Speakers are known working, tried every combination of socket/volume, 2 different drivers (CD and Latest from Internet) and still nothing.

Is there something obvious we're missing? A jumper on the mobo perhaps? I was thinking maybe it had defaulted to S/PDIF only but we can't find any digital related options.

One thing I do remember is some boards needing the -5v for the onboard audio, but his Enermax PSU doesn't have this rail. Anyone with this PSU got onboard audio working?

Any ideas please, he's going to contact DFI soon as we've pretty much run out of ideas :(

I hate to say it Phil99 but the police-state that it is over there, they are going to blame the PSU. 480W minimum according to the specs - they are really anal on that.

Last edited:
Hi,

Got my Ultra-D today, everything is installed minus the graphics card as ****** were out of stock :mad:. The stepping for my CPU is: KACAE0552FPBW - is this any good?
Also when I fitted the Artic Cooler Pro there is a small amount of the CPU chip which is not covered this is only a small amount like a few mm's - is it supposed to be like this or have I fitted it wrong?

Cheers

MG42Maniac said:
Hi,

Also when I fitted the Artic Cooler Pro there is a small amount of the CPU chip which is not covered this is only a small amount like a few mm's - is it supposed to be like this or have I fitted it wrong?

Cheers

Thats normal, the actual CPU die is much smaller than the metal heat spreader that covers it.

Ok, thanks very much for the ultra quick reply :). I did not realise just how big the Artic Coolr would be, its damn massive compared to the stock cooler, I just hope it does the job :p I've done a quick google on the steppings i've got and i've seen a few people with 2.8Ghz so it can't be too bad.

Sorry too Double Post but, has anyone had any difficulties fitting a X1900XT to a Ultra-D? As there seems to be a meaty chipset fan right at the end of the PCI-E X 16 slot ad it looks like it will be a very tight fit as I know the X1900XT's are large.

MG42Maniac said:
Sorry too Double Post but, has anyone had any difficulties fitting a X1900XT to a Ultra-D? As there seems to be a meaty chipset fan right at the end of the PCI-E X 16 slot ad it looks like it will be a very tight fit as I know the X1900XT's are large.
It fits fine (I have an X1800 but I believe the PCB is the same size). Usually you are left with a 1mm gap between PCB and fan.

Does anyone know how you can make a bootable cd with the latest NF4LD329 bios on it?

I have tried making a cd, but I guess im doing something wrong.

Normally I use Tmods CD, but he has not updated it yet. . .

And there is NO WAY im using Winflash, due to a bad past experience :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom