Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

markyp23 said:
Hey,

Quick question about my motherboard.

Y'know the orange/yellow slot immediately above (closest ones to) the CPU socket... If you put one stick of RAM in either of these, no other memory, will the system post? My 3 diagnostic lights stay on if I put RAM in here, is this normal; would it explain why I have trouble running in dual-channel?

You need to put the RAM in the two orange slots, then it will run in dual channel.

MR.B said:
Thanks everyone :)

Smids, what are your BIOS settings to get that overclock?

I upped the voltage and it was reporting 1.48v but when i run at 11x246 (2.7ghz) it's still not enough, 3Dmark06 always locks up...
And to run stable at 2.6ghz i only need 1.39v so it's quite an increase in voltage and it's still not stable..

I tried setting the RAM to run at 166mhz, tried 3x HT aswell, but no luck. Anything else i can try?
If the rest of your ram settings are on auto with the 166 divider and 3 or 4x ldt multi I can only suggest cpu voltage is the issue as with a htt of 246 your ram would still be running at 193.3mhz so can't see a problem with memory.

IzaLearnin said:
If the rest of your ram settings are on auto with the 166 divider and 3 or 4x ldt multi I can only suggest cpu voltage is the issue as with a htt of 246 your ram would still be running at 193.3mhz so can't see a problem with memory.

Hmm i didnt want to go higher, dont know if i want my CPU running at 1.5v all the time... seems risky?
Think i might just stick to 2.6ghz.

And dont know where Ricco is, he's abandoned us!

markyp23 said:
Hey,

Quick question about my motherboard.

Y'know the orange/yellow slot immediately above (closest ones to) the CPU socket... If you put one stick of RAM in either of these, no other memory, will the system post? My 3 diagnostic lights stay on if I put RAM in here, is this normal; would it explain why I have trouble running in dual-channel?

you may find that you system will struggle to post if only a single stick of ram is instated in the ddr 4 or ddr 3 slot nearest the cpu socket, if your system gets stuck on the 3rd red led it is having problems recognising your ram. simply switching to outer ddr 1 slot will help your system post with just a single stick. I had the same problem with my old tccd but as soon as you have both sticks in the matching slots it would post. as long as you use the same colour dimm slots your mb will run in dual channel condition.
I've found yellow slots work well with tight timings and orange slots work well for high fsb.
if you still cant run dual channel I suggest flashing to big t's modded 704 bios which has slackened latencies which help your system post with troublesome ram.

Ive got the SLI-DR board, can anyone tell me off hand which sata ports are SATA2 and which are standard SATA?

# Four Serial ATA ports supported by the nForce4 chip - SATA speed up to 3Gb/s - RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 0+1 - NVIDIA RAID allows RAID arrays spanning across Serial ATA and Parallel ATA
# Four Serial ATA ports supported by the Silicon Image Sil 3114 chip - SATA speed up to 1.5Gb/s - RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1 and RAID 5

Hesky82 said:
why would it be the processor?

I've tried big t's modded 702 and 704 bios on my 146 and use the 704 with my 170 opty and have no problems. great with troublesome ram ive found.
Opti's aren't technically 'supported'. It was only a guess because the BIOS is THE most compatible BIOS for RAM. He also mentions the lack of use of one of the dividers. Memory controller = on die so I suggested processor.

Quick Q guys. i have an ultra-D with 2x512 crucial ballistix in there (not the failtastic 1GB sticks). i am getting another 2x512 in there soon (i hope). any probs running 4 sticks? i have it overclocked at the mo and the RAM is running at 280mhz. am i likely to have to drop the ram on a divider with 4 sticks?

tomos said:
Quick Q guys. i have an ultra-D with 2x512 crucial ballistix in there (not the failtastic 1GB sticks). i am getting another 2x512 in there soon (i hope). any probs running 4 sticks? i have it overclocked at the mo and the RAM is running at 280mhz. am i likely to have to drop the ram on a divider with 4 sticks?
Very likely you need to run a divider and 1T isn't possible

cheers for the quick reply dutch :D

not worried about using a divider that much really since it wont hit the performance that much, i've head running 2t makes a diff but not that much. since this is really my video encoding PC then i would imagine 2gig v 1gig benefit would more than make up for the slight slowdown of 2t v 1t?

Back
Top Bottom