Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

tomos said:
ah well. will have to go with that then. :D

THANK YOU GOD,BUDDHA, ALLAH, YODAH

flashed to 704 2 BTA and my g.skill works in the yellow slots :D

damn xp-120 blocking the 1st orange slot ;)

now trying to see if i can get this to run @ 2-2-2-5 instead of 2-3-2-5

tomos said:
THANK YOU GOD,BUDDHA, ALLAH, YODAH

flashed to 704 2 BTA and my g.skill works in the yellow slots :D

damn xp-120 blocking the 1st orange slot ;)

now trying to see if i can get this to run @ 2-2-2-5 instead of 2-3-2-5
You'll be lucky... ;)

Great BIOS is that 704-2BTA :).

oh hell yes. i'll give it a go and see how it goes. seems way faster now too for some reason, but that might be the new RAM smell talking:)

i'm just glad i didnt lose my raid arrays by flashing.

freaked out for a second when i couldnt boot to windows. asking my to enter a boot disk as none was found :eek:

bloody bios changed boot priority of my SATA drives :mad: . quick swapover and all was well. :p

4 LEDs on = Power applied
3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK
2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK
1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK
0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

why should the mobo be dead cheer up it may be anything. :D
Have u tried :-
1) clear Cmos
2) try with single memory module in orange socket furthest from cpu.
3) reseating gfx card

what psu u using??

If you get stuck on 4 diagnostic leds it means your mb is having trouble detecting the cpu. at this stage the ram, gfx card are yet to be run/checked by the mb, cpu is the mb's 1st port of call and that seems to be where urs is getting stuck at.
clear the cmos using the method outlined in the faq at the start of this thread. if it still get stuck on 4 led's try another cpu.

good luck!

Hesky82 said:
If you get stuck on 4 diagnostic leds it means your mb is having trouble detecting the cpu. at this stage the ram, gfx card are yet to be run/checked by the mb, cpu is the mb's 1st port of call and that seems to be where urs is getting stuck at.
clear the cmos using the method outlined in the faq at the start of this thread. if it still get stuck on 4 led's try another cpu.

good luck!

I cant believe its the cpu, I was dual priming fine today for 16hrs. Its only when i've taken out the mobo that I have had trouble.

Thats only what 4 diagnostic leds mean.
We all know have temperamental the bios can be on these boards, thats why I recon you should clear the cmos. If your system has crashed quite a few time the bios can get well messed up!
did you have a go clearin the cmos??

Hesky82 said:
you got another processor you can try? just to eliminate components and work out what is borked.

Nah, have not got another cpu (not working anyway :rolleyes: ).

I have ordered the Expert now anyway and should be here tomorrow.

Im gonna let my mate try and use my old board, if it works he will give me some money for it (so its not all bad). :)

Hi i have got an ultra D, do i have to plug all the power cables into the board as i only have 1 floppy connector on my psu and need it for the floppy drive for the moment. Also i cannot find the modular cables for enermax liberty psu's anywhere. :rolleyes: :(

cymatty said:
Hi i have got an ultra D, do i have to plug all the power cables into the board as i only have 1 floppy connector on my psu and need it for the floppy drive for the moment. Also i cannot find the modular cables for enermax liberty psu's anywhere. :rolleyes: :(
Yup, plug all 4 in.

Dutch Guy said:
Yeah, if possible use all four.

It is advised by DFI to use all of them to help stability although I think the floppy one is mainly used if you have a SLI setup to supply the videocards.

Well i dont have a sli card setup, and as the damm psu only has ONE floppy connectr and like 6 sata connectors :rolleyes: then i need the floppy to install the sata drivers. :(

Back
Top Bottom