*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Associate
Also doesn't really consider picks/item pick ups just flat out wins/losses and who you beat is a bit vague for a game as in depth as dota.

You should read the link, quite clearly states that it isn't purely based on win/loss. It's obviously very complex and difficult to get right, but I think it's a good addition overall.

Caporegime
OP
You should read the link, quite clearly states that it isn't purely based on win/loss. It's obviously very complex and difficult to get right, but I think it's a good addition overall.

I did (May have exageratted slightly). It is the primary criteria for adjusting someone's MMR, a few other relatively unexplained things in there effect fine adjustments of the MMR it would seem.

Soldato
I'm still playing anything except all pick, happy playing around in games where people have to try different heros. That said, I'm building up a selection of them that I really love now. Currently the list sits at kunkka for his amazing tidebringer lane harass, OD to mega carry, and necro and kotl for supporting. Especially kotl and his amazing farm power.
Not been given the chance to play jakiro recently, but he was my first favourite. Always skip his ultimate until lv10 then get 2 levels in it. Means 2 maxed out abilities for general nuking and damage, and I finish my aghs at around that time too, making it much more powerful.

Soldato
I'm still playing anything except all pick, happy playing around in games where people have to try different heros. That said, I'm building up a selection of them that I really love now. Currently the list sits at kunkka for his amazing tidebringer lane harass, OD to mega carry, and necro and kotl for supporting. Especially kotl and his amazing farm power.
Not been given the chance to play jakiro recently, but he was my first favourite. Always skip his ultimate until lv10 then get 2 levels in it. Means 2 maxed out abilities for general nuking and damage, and I finish my aghs at around that time too, making it much more powerful.

Or just get it at six because its an insanely good team fight ult and even better for zoning.

Dunno how you manage to get aghs at level 10 unless the game is 100% over.

Soldato
Mirana sometimes I guess, seen a lot of people not get syllas ult until 8. Dark seer I get a bit later too, too much mana at 6 and generally dont teamfight that early.

Associate
Sorry, why would you neglect the opportunity for your whole team to become invisible? You can save the team, or wipe enemy team depending on how you use miranas ulti. As for the bear, I guess so. Also dark seer again, how can you justify not having a replica of the enemy in a teamfight? Even though you're not teamfighting often, its good just in case.

Soldato
Or just get it at six because its an insanely good team fight ult and even better for zoning.

Dunno how you manage to get aghs at level 10 unless the game is 100% over.

Well, it depends on the stuns on the team, and who is getting mek. I know I'm scrub league, but my build is ring of basilius, arcane boots, mek then ags, unless someone else is getting the mek then I skip straight to ags then usually go for a scyth.
And ulti at 6 when you can only have a couple of points in ice path means you burn mana and the enemy will just run out. Of course, if you can chain stun then I'll grab it, but I prefer to wait until I've got a bigger mana pool then I can ulti, ice path then dual breath to slow them and keep them in the area which is doing increased dps and covers a much larger area.

Soldato
Yeah, that sounds like a waste. You should always be getting it at 6, you can always ice path then ult to force a fight or save team mates. If you are getting ring of basi, arcanes and aghs at level 10-11 then you are either REALLY underleveled or you haven't been buying wards, dust, smoke, courier, etc

Soldato
Sorry, why would you neglect the opportunity for your whole team to become invisible? You can save the team, or wipe enemy team depending on how you use miranas ulti. As for the bear, I guess so. Also dark seer again, how can you justify not having a replica of the enemy in a teamfight? Even though you're not teamfighting often, its good just in case.

I'm not saying I skip level 6 ult on mirana, but I've seen people do it. I personally get it at 6 because theres times where I've just stealthed into the lane and gotten a kill, and DS when do you ever fight at 6? I usually skip it until 8/9 maybe even 10 if I'm offlane, although I don't play him much.

Well, it depends on the stuns on the team, and who is getting mek. I know I'm scrub league, but my build is ring of basilius, arcane boots, mek then ags, unless someone else is getting the mek then I skip straight to ags then usually go for a scyth.
And ulti at 6 when you can only have a couple of points in ice path means you burn mana and the enemy will just run out. Of course, if you can chain stun then I'll grab it, but I prefer to wait until I've got a bigger mana pool then I can ulti, ice path then dual breath to slow them and keep them in the area which is doing increased dps and covers a much larger area.

Yeah I'm not sure what kind of games you are playing but when you get arcanes mek aghs and a scythe on a jak then something is wrong. Also burning mana isn't really a big deal when you can potentially kill someone or save a teammate.

Back
Top Bottom