*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Associate
Same goes for shadow blade (used to be called Lothar's Edge.)
I go to bed unable to sleep at night because the number of times people think that they are better off buying this than a blink dagger. Oh god.
It's simply for noobs.
Boots, BKB, blink daggers, probably a few more items, are real game changers and items that are worth the gold.

Soldato
You're what is wrong with the moba scene with this high and mighty attitude.

If people want to get a shadow blade let them, admiral bulldog gets one almost every time he plays natures prophet.

You will see one person buy it in a pro game almost every time.

There are no noob items only noob players.

Annoys me when I am playing and people try and critic your item choice, sometimes people don't want to go the cookie cutter standard build they want to experiment.

One thing I will say is people in pubs don't get BKB enough, that's the only thing that annoys me.

Associate
I don't know about the pro games you are watching. How can a 3000g item that is easily countered by buying a 180g dust potion good in anyway whatsoever?

I... I don't particularly see your logic.

SB is often used to initiate. It's "countered" by Dust, so long as the player you're using it against has dust (each time you're encountered with it).

It's situational, like a lot of items in the game. If it wasn't worth having in the game, it wouldn't be there, trust me.

Caporegime
OP
Alastair you are aware the games you and everyone else in this thread plays are vastly different to pro games. (in which they still buy Sblade btw.)

SNY isn't a great item but at least bloodseeker is someone who can utilise it somewhat effectively.

Associate
It's a snowballing item, it's cheap with a decent build up and early game it's good on many heroes. Quite often see naix with it, armlet and drums for example.

Getting it at 40 minutes is strange and lothars IS an increibly common pick up in pro games. Being all high and mighty when you don't know what you're talking about....yay dota!

Associate
I don't know about the pro games you are watching. How can a 3000g item that is easily countered by buying a 180g dust potion good in anyway whatsoever?

Get over yourself please!

1. SnY is a good item. It gives stats and move speed

2. Shadow Blade is a good, situational item

3. Try thinking out the box. Just because you have played a few hundred games does not make you God of Dota!

Soldato

Are you going to go around throwing dust every 30 seconds just incase? By the time you've realised its been used its too late, you're only thinking about it for escape purposes.

Its a ganking tool in most cases.

It does a bonus 150 damage on your first attack from invis.

Regardless if you can see the player or not, 150 damage on aoe abilities is insanely good, especially if you get an early shadowblade you can absolutely wreck face.

Extra movement speed for catching runners.

Allows you to move through creeps/heros which means you don't have to run around as much as the person running which allows you to kite or catch quicker. If you pop phaseboots first then shadowblade, they stack allowing for even faster running.

Soldato
Seems there is a rather large sale on currently, a lot of item sets, couriers etc are 75% off! So very tempting to pickup a new courier though I did manage to get a mighty boar from the level specific package drops!

Soldato
gotta love pub noobs trying to play like pros... you cannot compare the two and what works in pro game might not work in pubs. I would say most of the time shadow blade works better in a pub.

Back
Top Bottom