*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
Is MMR based on previous games in your placement games or all brand new? I'm tanking for copper at this rate

facing 4.9k rating, what the **** valve, also putting me with a 4 when im solo

Last edited:
Soldato
I read that you start with 3000 mmr before your calibration games then it works from there.

I got put against 5 stacks with my team being all solo queue, pretty fun games.

I went like 6/4 but apparently its not about just winning games.

Caporegime
OP
Nah it can't start on 3000 mmr, I've played one team with anuraids and it was at 4093.

The quality difference in opponents and team mates is massive in each match =/

Soldato
Dendi has 5.4k rating and Bulldog has 5.6k apparently.

Alliance confirmed better team.

Edit : Noticed I've played 100 games as Sylla now and decided to look at my recent games with him.

ff09c668f8fe591a21761b2c595c3ae3.png

What a hero.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone played legion commander in games?

I've only played him in the hardest bot settings but character really seems like it has the potential to dominate in pubs. Can see it being easily countered in the top games but when there is less co-ord in team fights it can really own.

Associate
Yeah she's pretty great in pubs. Obviously have to be very careful with your ulti at the start, but once you get going (especially when you have AC/Deso up), the snowball is real.

Soldato
Managed a game as her, went pretty well. Started off in the jungle until lv6,then just roamed to where the fights were. It's tricky with the ulti since its an amazing disable, but use it too early and you can't kill in time so don't get bonus damage. A lot of the time I was ending up using it to mop up, just to guarantee the win since we were usually doing well in the fights anyway.

Soldato
At least shadow blade gives you stats, 30 attack speed and 22 dmg if I remember right. Plus bonus attack damage if you right click from invis. Blink dagger only 850 gold less with no stat gain.

About the MMR, was watching Dendi stream and he was playing in a party of 2 mostly. He didn't have a solo rating at the time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed a game as her, went pretty well. Started off in the jungle until lv6,then just roamed to where the fights were. It's tricky with the ulti since its an amazing disable, but use it too early and you can't kill in time so don't get bonus damage. A lot of the time I was ending up using it to mop up, just to guarantee the win since we were usually doing well in the fights anyway.

What's your build for jungle? Mostly seeing her being played middle so she gets her ulti asap.

Soldato
you take W at lvl 1 then max passive and w in jungle. Take ult at 6.

Whether you get blink or shadow blade is situational, I prefer blink in most cases due to the fact it isn't countered by dust/sentry wards.

Associate
you take W at lvl 1 then max passive and w in jungle. Take ult at 6.

Whether you get blink or shadow blade is situational, I prefer blink in most cases due to the fact it isn't countered by dust/sentry wards.

Pretty much spot on, been playing with builds over the weekend.

Second skill helps you stay up and kill faster, but your passive will keep you alive in the jungle as soon as you have two ranks in it. I've actually found laning till 2/3 is worthwhile.

Take the ulti at six, and then roam to gank as soon as an opportunity arises. Aim for the squishy supports >:3

Soldato
I think they will nerf her debuff skill, it's crazy strong with a long cast range.

Other than that I haven't had problems facing that hero yet, seen some of the pro players snowball using her, can get some insane damage going.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty much spot on, been playing with builds over the weekend.

Second skill helps you stay up and kill faster, but your passive will keep you alive in the jungle as soon as you have two ranks in it. I've actually found laning till 2/3 is worthwhile.

Take the ulti at six, and then roam to gank as soon as an opportunity arises. Aim for the squishy supports >:3

+1

It's pretty daft with her as a creep wave becomes a benefit to you as opposed to an impediment.

I get a lifesteal item early doors and that combined with her own her auto lifesteal (they don't stack but they both trigger off the same hit) can make a creep wave a nice regen opportunity as opposed to something that will slow you down.

Soldato
True it's not needed but for survivability in a team fight, especially duels in a team fight where you can't use skills is insane. At one point I pretty much had a whole team tied down solo.

Back
Top Bottom