*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Associate
Whatever build i think she desperately needs some sort of aoe initiator to spread a bit of chaos before joining a team fight. Otherwise she just gets disabled before dueling and/or nuked down so quickly.

Reckon puck combo would work really well.

Soldato
your passive lifesteal works in duels and you should be using your w before you start one. I think if you wanted to be more survivable armlet would be a bit better after blink/lothars.

Soldato
Indeed, there are far better items you could be getting rather than lifesteal. You can either focus on damage or survivability. Personally I'm getting the much maligned vanguard as an item which gives good hp regen, a nice health boost and some damage block for when you're tanking the creep waves to regen health, and then moving onto a shadow blade to help with the ganking, then actually going for a skadi since I get the orb of venom early on, it gives decent stats (Ulti orbs help with everything) and the orb works in duel, so it means you're safer using it on their carries.

After that, go for damage; desolator followed by daedalus, the desolator does work during a duel I believe, while you won't get the crit from daedalus.

Of course you can go for a pure damage build by skipping those, but I prefer the survivability from vanguard/skadi, getting easy dual wins to build up the attack damage. Plus as you win more you're going to become a bigger target, so the hp from those items is a lifesaver.

Soldato
You are way better just going fast blink/lothars then either building armlet or deso tbh. Maybe something else but skadi doesn't sound worth the huge price tag when you need to be fighting and snowballing as early as you can.

Associate
Indeed, there are far better items you could be getting rather than lifesteal. You can either focus on damage or survivability. Personally I'm getting the much maligned vanguard as an item which gives good hp regen, a nice health boost and some damage block for when you're tanking the creep waves to regen health, and then moving onto a shadow blade to help with the ganking, then actually going for a skadi since I get the orb of venom early on, it gives decent stats (Ulti orbs help with everything) and the orb works in duel, so it means you're safer using it on their carries.

After that, go for damage; desolator followed by daedalus, the desolator does work during a duel I believe, while you won't get the crit from daedalus.

Of course you can go for a pure damage build by skipping those, but I prefer the survivability from vanguard/skadi, getting easy dual wins to build up the attack damage. Plus as you win more you're going to become a bigger target, so the hp from those items is a lifesaver.

Skadi and Desolator do not stack. They are both unique attack modifiers. That build sounds horrible tbh :p

Also the reasons vanguard is frowned upon are legit. It is a big investment for something that does next to zero late game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Skadi and Desolator do not stack. They are both unique attack modifiers. That build sounds horrible tbh :p

Also the reasons vanguard is frowned upon are legit. It is a big investment for something that does next to zero late game.

Derp, of course they don't. Now I feel stupid, and will skip the deso then XD

As for the vanguard issue, for the most part you are correct. However it does fit LC well. She needs to take damage to get her passive off and thus regen hp, so the damage reduction is handy. And it also gives much needed survivability; 250hp and 6ph regen. And unless you're building to a bloodstone or heart then neither the vit booster or ring of health are going to build to anything that useful.

Associate
Derp, of course they don't. Now I feel stupid, and will skip the deso then XD

As for the vanguard issue, for the most part you are correct. However it does fit LC well. She needs to take damage to get her passive off and thus regen hp, so the damage reduction is handy. And it also gives much needed survivability; 250hp and 6ph regen. And unless you're building to a bloodstone or heart then neither the vit booster or ring of health are going to build to anything that useful.

The idea with LC is to kill in the duel and gain the perma dmg boost. The only defensive items that I might get would be BKB and/or Heart. I know there are no hard rules and everyone is free to build how they want but if you think about it I'm sure you will realise vanguard makes no sense on LC :p

If you are playing against a high dmg agi carry then a cheeky blademail might be just the trick too

Soldato
I've never seen any high level players go vanguard on her. Most go bkb or sometimes blademail like Krisali.

You don't have the time to farm items like skadi, you want to be fighting people and getting that perma damage up asap.

Soldato
I think deso is a must, ac too. Armlet is also good.

Then BKB and heart are also very good.

Not necessarily in this order, but these are the items I like on her.

She is very much a snowball hero though, if you shut her down early and don't let her get any damage she is next to useless apart from her op debuff!

Soldato
Got both my ranked mmrs now. easy life.

5b1dcf7c305759c293ba837aed84c4f5.png

Soldato
Do I understand this correctly, after getting rank, one is stuck with it forever? For a win I get 24-27 for a loss I get 24-27 and the game does not let me get above 40 wins over losses, no matter how well I play once it gets to +40 I get paired up with people who play for the first time. That is an awful ranking system.

Back
Top Bottom