*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Soldato
getting seriously hacked off with this now, just failed to load into 5 games in a row. Get the pop up, your game is ready, hit accept, and it just sits there saying connecting, eventually the option to reconnect pops up telling me that leaving the game will have negative consequences, but it never loads.

Eventually it times out and I can search again with no penalty, but never actually connects to anything.

Stuff paying for anything in this game until it is fixed tbh.

Everyone is getting this issue, Restart the steam client, has a better chance of fixing it. I had 2 abandons the other day from this.

Cheers for the help, I'll try and give it a go next match.

My problem is solo ranked you're not sure what you're going to get, so I just pick the carries that I can play well.

Soldato
getting seriously hacked off with this now, just failed to load into 5 games in a row. Get the pop up, your game is ready, hit accept, and it just sits there saying connecting, eventually the option to reconnect pops up telling me that leaving the game will have negative consequences, but it never loads.

Eventually it times out and I can search again with no penalty, but never actually connects to anything.

Stuff paying for anything in this game until it is fixed tbh.

If you're interested, in Steam if you got to 'Profile' and select badges, then scoll to Dota and click the "How do I earn card drops?" link it'll show you (in dollars) roughly how much you've spent on Dota 2.

Soldato
It's not that great in general, Legion jungle is fairly slow and leaves your other lanes very weak. If you have a weak jungler like Legion then generally the enemy carry is getting freefarm and the enemy offlaner is not being harassed out of XP range so he is getting good levels. Legion is best played as either a solo offlaner or ideally an aggressive dual lane. Pair her with a wisp or KOTL and she can do serious work in that lane.

This. The problem with LC is that unlike most hungle heroes, there's no easy transition out. Take Enigma, he only needs to eidelons, so he can put points into his other skills, generally a point in midnight pulse and the rest into malifice so he has his stun and so on which allows him to gank. Other jungle heroes will be levelling the skills that also help in lane, such as ursa (overpower and fury swipes). The problem with LC is that you need lots of points in the passive and the heal, while Overwhelming odds is the main skill you will want when ganking or in lane, and it's useless in the jungle.
Combine that with the fact that LC doesn't have a way of clearing camps quickly (Press the Attack is too mana expensive to spam, and Moment of Courage only gives you an extra attack which isn't all that much), compared with the better jungle heroes such as doom, enigma, prophet who can put out much better dps.

Soldato
According to Pyrionflax there was a post on reddit (by him) that got a lot of interest and the developers answered it. Apparently it was something to do with their anti-DDOS code getting triggered and disconnecting people.
I believe it's been fixed now.

So, what about Na'Vi dismissing it's roster? Where will Dendi et al go now?

Soldato
I'd like to see Dendi pull together some decent players around him as I still think he's a great player who has been stuck with trash for ages. I liked Na'vi and kind of sad to see them sink so low.

Just spamming Weaver at the moment in ranked, won the last 2 and I'm pretty good with the hero so going to push for a week or so to see how high I can take my mmr.

Caporegime
Don't understand the hype around Navi. They haven't won anything because they were worse than almost every other team.

What do you mean the hype? There has been no expectations on Navi for a few years now, that doesn't stop their previous achievements being incredible though and them dropping the team is truly the end of an era.

Soldato
aren't Dendi and XBOCT best buddies? Wouldn't play without each other etc which is why i think they were forced to get rid of the entire roster.

Dendi is such a likable chap he is just himself.

Caporegime
Yeah they pretty much are best buddies. I genuinely think neither care about being top any more, they just want to have fun with their buddy. I wouldn't be surprised to see them form a team.

Soldato
Last 6 games as supports, won them all (elder, pugna, venge, lion, SK and WD) and went a combined 46/27/113 :p I'm actually really enjoying playing (the right) supports recently, stressful when you get a bad carry but on the balance enjoying it.

Soldato
Im doing the same playing only support.

At my mmr fed up of no support zero vision and no flying courier 10 mins in coupled with loads of arguing.

Have won last 5 games mainly playing WD. Even iff carry sucks i have found with less team arguing and good vision can still win.

Soldato
I'm especially enjoying Lion, the amount of people who don't seem to understand him is staggering. I get so many kills on carries due to them wandering round on half xp. Stun +ult = kill. Late game I had Dagon 4 and Ult and was wrecking people so fast.

SK was great as well, even if you don't get the last hits with Epi you completely change the team fight.

I've got ember next, only think I played him once before, not looking forward to it :p

Soldato
Probably just lost my team an hour plus really close game :(

We had a horrific Sven player and we were a mile behind he wouldn't even stun most the game :p we slowly worked back in and I had a few huge plays (as PA) to give us the chance to win. They had 1 rack left to get mega, 4 pushed I stayed back to get the last 100 or so gold for my Eaglesong, we won the push got the racks but had 3 die, they lost 4 but they all bought back and hammered up mid. I had no G for BB (spent it on item) so whilst I got a double kill in the fight they took oue ancient.

If I had been on the push we would probably have taken the ancient and won that fight, even if I hadn't been there if I didn't waste all my G on an item could have bought back round last ancient fight.

Really dumb play :(

edit: and now started another game which I have probably lost, took PA first, next four picks? Slar, Jugg, CK and Sven :p this will be painful!

Back
Top Bottom