*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Associate
Ha, whenever I read this thread, the last post is always you going:

"Geez, I just had a really tough game where my team were noobs, but I was awesome. But we lost."

Soldato
Just had my first ever game as Chen to get through my all hero, really enjoyed playing him and wish I had tried him earlier! I only went 1/4/10 but the amount of team fights his ult and greaves can swing it is brilliant and when you get ancients under your control his push is brilliant for taking out towers fast and keeping lanes pushed.

I'll probably give him more game time when my all hero is done (39 left)

Soldato
Won only my second game as Naga for my all hero, was such a tense game, we had a pretty good team (though unbalanced) with Naga, Spec, Pudge, Razor and CM it was one of those games were it kept flipping. We were winning early, they were winning mid and into late game then we edged about even.

Came down to big team fights every time and after they wiped us getting 2 lanes of racks (I managed to escape by ulting) they smashed us mid and got our ancient down to 50%. We respawned and our Razor had a huge play triple killing their Troll, OM and BM we pushed mid and they bought back and rushed us but I ulted, we set them up perfectly and nailed them all down in a team fight and took their ancient :D heart was going mental as my ult gave way for the last teamfight haha.

Only went 9/3/9 but had quite a few plays where I ulted to let us set up and we wiped them so more than happy with how I played Naga, I'm rubbish at micro though so I just went Diffusal/Manta/Linkens/Drums and had good nuke using my illusions to up the damage in teamfights. Far from ideal I am sure but it helped! :p

75/110 on my all hero now. Kunka and Phoenix next though and only had 1 game as Kunka before and never played Phoenix so could be interesting :p:D

Associate
Any groups here that need an extra person for some party/ranked party games?

Either carry or support i do well at both.

3024k party mmr so a team around that if possible.
Id like to play with a regular party of 5 rather than try solo grind all the time.
Almostgfx on steam if anyones interested

Probably do a few normal games first just to see how everyone plays before a ranked session.

Thanks
almost

Associate
Any groups here that need an extra person for some party/ranked party games?

Either carry or support i do well at both.

3024k party mmr so a team around that if possible.
Id like to play with a regular party of 5 rather than try solo grind all the time.
Almostgfx on steam if anyones interested

Probably do a few normal games first just to see how everyone plays before a ranked session.

Thanks
almost

Hey man, sent you a friend request on steam. The above goes for me too so if anyone else is around 3k and looking for more people to play with then give me a shout - steamid is Fragginz.

Soldato
Going through a horrid run of games at the minute. I'm not playing well, but I seem to be getting horrid teams too. I do poorly because I make silly mistakes, but some people seem to have no clue or intention of helping the team.
Some of it is just people going in in pairs and getting killed by an enemy group of 3 or 4. And then repeating the same mistake over and over. If we ever do get a 5 on 5 we lose because most of us are under farmed and under levelled.

I've no idea what my team MMR is as I've never played in a stack. Wish I could find a good stack though.

EDIT:
Not long ago I was on a run where my team was good enough that I could have AFK farmed and they'd still be winning. Of course in those scenarios it's easier to farm, you die less so have more gold, more gold means more items, which means you keep doing well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Agree with Shami, I play with another bloke quite regularly and we do relatively well but it's really a figure that should be kept for regular playing 5 stacks.

I'm 84 down on my all hero, would have been 85 with TA but the Husk/Ember went full retard and tried to take on a 5 stack mid rather than dropping off and sitting on the t3 until the team re spawned :( they got wrecked the DK went in solo and got wrecked and me (as TA) and Lina had no chance as they tidied up. Annoying end to what had been a great game :(

Soldato
Agree with Shami, I play with another bloke quite regularly and we do relatively well but it's really a figure that should be kept for regular playing 5 stacks.

I'm 84 down on my all hero, would have been 85 with TA but the Husk/Ember went full retard and tried to take on a 5 stack mid rather than dropping off and sitting on the t3 until the team re spawned :( they got wrecked the DK went in solo and got wrecked and me (as TA) and Lina had no chance as they tidied up. Annoying end to what had been a great game :(

Yeah, I hate it when teams end up drip feeding the enemy kills by going in 1 or 2 at a time against a 4 or 5 stack. And this means they respawn 1 at a time too so if the team pushes you can't defend as a 5, or the people respawn and rush back in.

I'm not a good player, probably not even average but you do get some idiots at times.
A lot of my mistakes stem from overconfidence/greed or sometimes frustration (because of the above or people that farms when the team needs help).

The thing I do like is when people let you know they won't be helping because they need to farm. Like everyone else on the team is 6 slotted and doesn't need to farm anymore...

Associate
Man I really hate people in this game, I had a team of people who were being reasonably co-operative, although we had no support heroes and nobody willing to support, we were doing surprisingly well untill our zeus decides "if nobody buys wards before I spawn I will sell all my items and feed".
Our tusk buys a stack of wards and then he buys about 40 courier and feeds anyway...
I swear the report system dose nothing because the game is stuffed with these muppets.

Soldato
Man I really hate people in this game, I had a team of people who were being reasonably co-operative, although we had no support heroes and nobody willing to support, we were doing surprisingly well untill our zeus decides "if nobody buys wards before I spawn I will sell all my items and feed".
Our tusk buys a stack of wards and then he buys about 40 courier and feeds anyway...
I swear the report system dose nothing because the game is stuffed with these muppets.

This is so common. Why not pick support? By not "willing" to support that makes you the same as everyone else.

I play support most because of this. Others may not realise it is a team game but i do so i will play what the team needs not always what i want to play. if it means loosing a bit of gold because no one picks so be it. I will wait to see if i have to last pick support.

If the arguing starts at the draft phase then it does not bode well for the game.

Soldato
I tend to support a lot more than I used to. A good support wins a lot of games. Must admit though I go support who kill as I hate feeling I can't murder people in fights. Particularly love supporting as Lion these days as so many people seem to underestimate his ult. Love killing an overconfident carry with a well timed Lion ult :D

Caporegime
The thing I do like is when people let you know they won't be helping because they need to farm. Like everyone else on the team is 6 slotted and doesn't need to farm anymore...

But that is correct...heroes are designed to peak at different points of the game (item builds can change this) so a lot of heroes should be farming not fighting. Especially if they need a set of items in order to fight.

Soldato
But that is correct...heroes are designed to peak at different points of the game (item builds can change this) so a lot of heroes should be farming not fighting. Especially if they need a set of items in order to fight.

So the enemy is wailing on your tier 4s and Terorblade is in the jungle farming is going to help? Gets his Skadi just as your ancient is on 25% HP.

I get that some characters (AM or PA for example) are better off farming (at least key items) before getting involved. But's how much is it really going to help if Disruptor gets a Heart as your last tower falls?

Associate

That concept works in an ideal world, but in the dank depths of the trench, if your antimage has had enough space to farm a 20 minute battlefury and disappear into the jungle for another 20 minutes to farm up a few more items (without a tp scroll) while you battled on 4v5, then your team would probably have won anyway.

Soldato
I think Alchemist is best character this patch. I play him regular now and always have fun. I play him mid and there are very few people that can beat him mid. His acid spray controls lanes so well these days.

Back
Top Bottom