Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

Man of Honour
I don't know how true it is but I did see something on Twitter that suggested a bug made some specific formation and depth setting essentially made the stamina unlimited??
71+ Depth results in more pressing but it still drains stamina, just not as much as using Constant Pressure. Unless there's some extension of that using a specific formation?

Don
10 games of squad battles.

I refuse to believe a man in his 30's has only lost 2 games in rivals :p The leagues are yet to balance out so you have very very good players starting in the lower leagues and we are matching them. As a person in their 30s I know my thumbs don't move as quickly as they used to :p

Stream some games, I'm genuinely interested in how you play.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I refuse to believe a man in his 30's has only lost 2 games in rivals :p The leagues are yet to balance out so you have very very good players starting in the lower leagues and we are matching them. As a person in their 30s I know my thumbs don't move as quickly as they used to :p

Shots fired! Fight fight! :cry:

Certainly think its a tougher game to get to grips with this year. Enjoyable but I just need to keep reminding myself of that when I am getting hammered 6 nil.

Associate

might be 34 but still 18 in my head and body :) I got fifa on xbox soon as it come out people was still on advanced defending preset yes it is the best but you need to use A and B combo for it to be effective ... so i was steam rolling players. i got it on ps5 recently im 30-1-1 on that and that is with a bang average squad.

Don
might be 34 but still 18 in my head and body :) I got fifa on xbox soon as it come out people was still on advanced defending preset yes it is the best but you need to use A and B combo for it to be effective ... so i was steam rolling players. i got it on ps5 recently im 30-1-1 on that and that is with a bang average squad.

Fair enough, we all are hence why we're still playing computer games :) I think I've had about 5 losses from servers going down, you do well not to incur the usual EA flaws.

Associate
Really not enjoying Ultimate Team. Scoring is so easy if you're in certain positions, just had a game that I lost 11-7 lol.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't think youthful reactions and nimbleness matters as much in FIFA as it does in twitch shooters. It's probably one of the more forgiving real time competitive online games when it comes to aging.

Soldato
ultimate team is so irritating got smashed by someone who had fellani upfront. Won every header :(:(

I can usually tell if I'm going to be able to at least compete within 10-15 minutes and if not I tend to quit!

The quickest way to make me quit out, ideally at nil-nil :D , is to start doing all the fancy flicks and tricks and walking through my defence - not having that!

Associate
Gotta be the worst one since FIFA 18. Even then I can’t recall being so repulsed by the gameplay of a fifa in any year. Hugely disappointed with how easy it is to score.

Soldato
Gotta be the worst one since FIFA 18. Even then I can’t recall being so repulsed by the gameplay of a fifa in any year. Hugely disappointed with how easy it is to score.
I think the gameplay is good they just need to clean up the tackling because there’s to many bobbles and failed tackles when you should take the ball.

I think this is largely down to the play styles because some players have traits to take the ball clean.

As for scoring I like it, defending is hard and should be rewarded hence my first point about tackling, but what I don’t agree with is the cutting it back across the by line and keeper just being deluded and not even trying to get it. That and people hitting it from 35 yard with the finesse trait and it going straight in 9/10.

All that being said, let’s face it EA will patch it into a completely new game soon in typical EA fashion.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was stupid this weekend. The amount of God squads I faced with Naymar and Messi was ridiculous.
One match it was just pass it to Naymar and he just ran away from everyone and scored every shot. 7-0 at half time, then the game leveled up and pulled it back to 7-6 with 10 mins left where he just decided to time waste ... rat

Associate
I think the gameplay is good they just need to clean up the tackling because there’s to many bobbles and failed tackles when you should take the ball.

I think this is largely down to the play styles because some players have traits to take the ball clean.

As for scoring I like it, defending is hard and should be rewarded hence my first point about tackling, but what I don’t agree with is the cutting it back across the by line and keeper just being deluded and not even trying to get it. That and people hitting it from 35 yard with the finesse trait and it going straight in 9/10.

All that being said, let’s face it EA will patch it into a completely new game soon in typical EA fashion.
I don’t agree with all your sentiment though I didn’t really advance to much of an opinion in the first place -

Goalkeepers seem useless don’t they. The amount of times someone dances in your box or you get cutbacks and they just fall backward as a save is absurd.

I suppose I should say that since fifa 16 I’ve been largely disappointed with each version that comes out and 23 was the only one I played consistently at length in that time.

Ultimate team becomes too quick by January - 90+ midfielders are everywhere and it seems the nuance of styles just goes down the pan. You want to be competitive and win after all.

I’ve not uninstalled it yet but I am close. My perspective is I’ve just not had fun or enjoyed the process of learning the new game.

Soldato
OP
Had an atrocious start to Champs playing 422 or 4231, I was something like 1 -7. Managed to played around with formations and settled on the below, somehow rescued 11 wins :) (I didn’t make them)

Seems to give you passing options in the middle of the park, the wide players are always an out ball. Helps if you have long passing playstyle in the middle, I have Kimmich. Hope someone finds them useful.

0JDR6To.png

Back
Top Bottom