*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Racials are to differentiate the races mechanically, so far I haven't seen a way to improve a characters damage with weapons other than racials, a skinny bosmer chick can hit as hard as an orc in melee until the orc spends some points into racials.

I could be wrong though, but it's all I can see so far.

Latex as you seemto know so much, can you level every ability to mac level with enough time or do you only have so many points?

Rumour has it around 150 points are currently available.

50 from levelling

Then there is 300+ skyshards, 3 shards to 1 skill point gives you 100 if my math doesn't fail me.

So a reasonable estimate is around 150.

They've confirmed that there is 300 points in game, but someone said there is an achievement for more than that (less than 350 I think) so I guess you can get pretty far into most, if not all skill lines. Not sure about maxing though.

Big time Skyrim fan, plus all the older ones, just cannot get into this, seems boring and drawn out, what am I missing, doesn't keep my interest.

Nothing, I to struggled with this game I really wanted to like it, as on the surface it has everything I want in a mmo, right kind of look, what should have being decent crafting, scene set for large scale wPvP, tho after the Zerg that was GW2 that worried me a bit as well.

But after trying this game over a few beta weekends and a bit in full beta, just could not get into it, feels slow sluggish and pretty boring TBH.

Be one of the very few and maybe the first major mmo, that as a guild we will not be joining.

But to those of you who enjoy it best of luck and hope it works out for you.

Big time Skyrim fan, plus all the older ones, just cannot get into this, seems boring and drawn out, what am I missing, doesn't keep my interest.

You don't have to like every MMO. And its nothing like Skyrim, which could be part of your problem.

ESO is a slower paced game, it doesn't hold your hand that much and everything is aimed towards playing with friends. It's aimed more towards the adults then other MMO's, which puts some people off.

If you don't enjoy it, don't play it.

I liked being dumped into the world. Whilst for a moment my brain melted at actually melted at the thought of being treated like an adult after I got my bearings it was a really refreshing change.

+1 This, being able to choose where to go, what to do in an MMO is refreshing. Also i have to admit that a lot of the quests involve making choices and seeing those choices change the world for worse/or for good is also refreshing to see in an MMO.

Tried it briefly last night(after it finally finished redownloading) and it is certainly very different to all MMO's I've ever played before. As I never played any of the Elder Scrolls series or any MMO's with a similar targeting system everything is completely new to me. I'm enjoying it but I can confirm that I am very rubbish!

In terms of performance it ran fairly well although there were small periods of lag and unresponsiveness. Whether that was caused by my PC, my shoddy connection or the servers is a question that I can't answer right now. But for the most part it was steady.

EDIT: Was also very strange to be dropped off in the first city and not having any quests telling me where to go. It certainly felt more realistic having to explore and find people to help, rather than having bright colours above their heads and on maps.

Last edited:
To the people who have access to beta and are saying the combat feels disconnected and floaty, can I ask you to play a night blade 2 hander plate wearer. Take teleport strike and assassins blade and play it to at least level 10 (2 hours for people with experience in there chosen faction starter zone).

As I have just started with one and my god is it awesome. Feels so good to play.

Last edited:
Tried it briefly last night(after it finally finished redownloading) and it is certainly very different to all MMO's I've ever played before. As I never played any of the Elder Scrolls series or any MMO's with a similar targeting system everything is completely new to me. I'm enjoying it but I can confirm that I am very rubbish!

In terms of performance it ran fairly well although there were small periods of lag and unresponsiveness. Whether that was caused by my PC, my shoddy connection or the servers is a question that I can't answer right now. But for the most part it was steady.

If the game was freezing for a period, that's the bug catcher running in the background when it compiles the bugs and sends them. Apparently and obviously won't be in release.

Funny enough after what I said last night good chance I will get this game on the xbox one, and see what I think of a mmo on a console.

I have never played any MMO on a console, and at most have spent 20 hours playing on consoles, even though I have owned all the last few releases.

Reason for this is that using something like CronusMax, which I will buy as well, you can definitely play with keyboard and mouse.

So keen to see it all on my 50 inch.

One thing I should add yes I have not like this game much, I have also not hated it, just found it slow slow slow, and a bit boring, but to be totally upfront, I have not got passed level 6 I think, so my view is pretty limited.

Just added this to be fair about the game.

Back
Top Bottom